Description for AO Smith DRE-52-27
The AO Smith Lime Tamer (Gold Series) DRE Commercial Electric Water Heater is designed for use as a recovery heater having its own storage tank. These heaters are NOT recommended for sanitizing water applications.
- Gold elements - DRE models ship with the Goldenrod 24K gold plated elements. Patented Goldenrod elements provide long life and superior scaling resistance. Low watt density means lower surface temperature to minimize scale buildup and more surface to heat water. Goldenrod elements carry a one-year warranty against failure due to lime scale build-up.
- Glass-lined tank- tank interior is coated with glass specially developed by A. O. Smith for water heater use. Foam insulation reduces costly heat loss, and is vermin proof.
- Fusing - protects all elements, thermostats, and internal wiring circuits against excess current flow. Meets National Electrical Code requirements that non-ASME tanks must have internal fusing when current draw exceeds 48 amps. Available as an option on Canadian built heaters.
- Standard voltages - 208, 240 and 480V single-phase and three-phase delta. Convertible from three-phase to single-phase (in field) and vice versa. 277V single-phase also available. (additional $51)
- Terminal block -factory installed. Just bring the service to the heater and connect to block.
- Controls - one temperature control (adjustable through a range of 120° to 180°F) and manual reset high temperature cut-off per element. Thermostat step control may be achieved by varying settings on individual temperature controls. Located behind hinged control compartment door for quick, easy access.
- Surface mounted thermostats
- Simplified circuitry, color coded for ease of service
- Two anode rods for maximum corrosion protection
- Cabinet has bonderized undercoat with baked
- Bottom inlet and top outlet openings
- Brass drain valve
- CSA / ASME temperature and pressure relief valve
- Single panel control box
- Meets or exceeds the requirements of ASHRAE 90.1b-1992 and ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1-2004
***208 volt models may use 3 additional elements for the following: DRE-52-18, DRE-52-36, DRE-80-18, DRE-80-36, DRE-120-18, DRE-120-36. Also, 54 KW models are not available at 208 volts single phase.
PLEASE NOTE: The product weighs 269 lbs. and may require the use of a
If you do require a lift gate at your delivery, you'll have the option to add this FREE of charge when you checkout.