Description for AO Smith DSE-80-75
Note: When ordering a DSE unit, you must specify the Voltage you require (208V, 240V, 480V). Please contact customer service at 1-888-757-4774.
AO Smith Dura-Power DSE Commercial Electric Water Heaters Feature:
- Advanced electronic control - A. O. Smith's new proprietary electronic water heater control provides precise + or - 1°F temperature control that is ideal for industrial and food service applications where exact temperatures of hot water are needed
- Plain English text - animated icons display detailed operational and diagnostic information. Fault or Alert messages appear if an operational issue occurs.
- Element sensing - each element is constantly monitored and current on/off state is displayed, any element failure is reported and its exact location is shown, eliminating any
need for field testing of elements
- Low water cut off - factory standard on board low water cutoff uses a remote electronic immersion type probe to prevent energizing of the elements in the event of low water
condition and eliminates accidental dry firing.
- Sequencing - units with multiple element contactors are sequenced on with one-second delay between stages. Prevents high amp electrical loads from hitting the electric system all at once and provides a smoother operating unit. Adjustable modulating mode is optional.
- Economy mode operation - control system automatically lowers the operating set point by a programmed value during user defined time periods. Seven-day clock may be
programmed for night set back and/or weekend shutdown to reduce operating cost and save energy.
- Powered anode -the DSE models use a unique combination of a conventional magnesium anode and a
European style power anode. The powered anode is self-adjusting to water conditions, does not require maintenance or inspection, and provides longer-lasting tank protection in hard to reach areas. This multi-anode system provides superior anodic protection to hidden surfaces of the tank not protected in conventional commercial electric water heaters.
- Incology immersion heaters -heavy-duty medium watt density elements have incoloy sheathing and prewired leads: provides excellent protection against oxidation and scaling.
- Heavy foam insulated - all models meet or exceed the thermal efficiency and/or standby loss requirements of the U. S. Department of Energy and current edition ASHRAE/IESNA 90.1.
- Glass lined tank - A. O. Smith's PermaGlas® coating provides truly superior protection against corrosion and is permanently bonded to all inner tank surfaces at 1600°F.
- Standard voltages - 208, 240 and 480 volt single and three phase. Single phase 208 and 240 are convertible to three phase. All 208 and 240 volt at 24KW and below are supplied phase convertible (single to three and vice versa). 277 volt single phase also available. Consult
factory for 120 volt power circuit availability.
- Terminal block - to accept copper or aluminum leads (on units with more than one contactor).
- 120 Volt control circuit - 120 volt control circuit powered by fused transformer
- Magnetic contactors - Heavy-duty UL rated for 100,000 cycles
- Power circuit fusing (120 AMP current draw and above) - meets National Electric Code and UL requirements that
water heaters must have internal fusing when current draw exceeds 120 amps
- Simplified circuitry, color-coded for ease of service
- Brass drain valve
- Hinged control compartment door
- CSA Certified and ASME rated T&P relief valve
- ASME Tank Construction
- Three year limited warranty - for complete warranty information consult written warranty or contact A. O. Smith.
PLEASE NOTE: The product weighs 300 lbs. and may require the use of a
If you do require a lift gate at your delivery, you'll have the option to add this FREE of charge when you checkout.