Description for AO Smith DVE-52-24
Note: When ordering a DVE unit, you must specify the Voltage you require (208V, 240V or 480V). Please contact customer service at 1-888-757-4774.
The AO Smith Lime Tamer (Gold Xi Series) DVE Commercial Electric Water Heater is designed for use as a recovery heater having its own storage tank or as a booster for supplying sanitizing rinse water for dish-washing.
- Advanced electronic control - plain English text and animated icons display detailed operational and diagnostic information. Fault or Alert messages appear if an operational issue occurs. Immersion temperature control adjustable through a range of 90°F to 190°F.
- iCOMM Compatible - Call 1.888.WATER02 for more information
- Economy mode operation - control system automatically lowers the Operating Set Point by a programmed value during user-defined time
periods. Helps reduce operating costs during unoccupied or off - peak demand periods
- Linear sequencing -banks of heating elements (3 elements per bank) are energized
according to adjustable (1 to 20°) differential set points for each bank. First bank on is the last bank off. Helps reduce current surge and provides accurate water temperature control.
- Goldenrod elements - all DVE models ship standard with patented Goldenrod 24K gold plated elements. Goldenrod elements provide long life with superior scaling resistance.
- Glass-lined tank - three sizes; 50, 80 and 119 gallon capacity. Tank interior is coated with glass specially developed by A. O. Smith for water heater use. Tanks rated at 150 psi working pressure; tested at 300 psi. Foam insulation reduces costly heat loss. ASME (optional) maximum working pressure is 150 psi.
- Power circuit fusing - protects elements and contactors from short circuits, overloading
or line surges. Meets National Electric Code requirements (fusing required when current draw
exceeds 48 amps).
- Standard voltages - 208, 240 and 480V single-phase and three phase delta. Convertible
from three-phase to single-phase (in field) and vice versa (except 208/54 kW). 277V single-phase
also available (additional $51)
- Terminal block - factory installed. Allows for easy service connection to block.
- Magnetic contactors - Heavy duty; UL rated 100,000 cycles
- Immersion style thermostats
- Simplified circuitry, color coded for ease of service
- Hinged control compartment door for quick, easy access
- Two anode rods for maximum corrosion
- Cabinet has bonderized undercoat with baked enamel finish
- Top outlet, side inlet and relief valve openings
- Nipple and brass drain valve
- CSA certified and ASME rated T&P relief valve.
- Meets or exceeds the thermal efficiency and or standby loss requirements of the U.S. Department of Energy and current edition of ASHRAE/ISENA 90.1.
***208 volt models may use 3 additional elements for the following: DVE-52-18, DVE-52-36, DVE-80-18, DVE-80-36, DVE-120-18, DVE-120-36. Also, 54 KW models are not available at 208 volts single phase.
PLEASE NOTE: The product weighs 269 lbs. and may require the use of a
If you do require a lift gate at your delivery, you'll have the option to add this FREE of charge when you checkout.