The two-pipe closed-combustion system draws all make-up air from outside of the home, eliminating problems caused by insufficient indoor ventilation. The system permits combined horizontal and vertical venting and air intake runs up to 45 feet (including one 90º elbow) using 3" Schedule 40 PVC, CPVC or ABS pipe for installation versatility.
Note: GPDX-50 is supplied with 5' of 3" ABS vent pipe and must be used for the first 5' of the exhaust outlet vent system
- Intelli-vent gas control -models are equipped with silicon nitride hot surface igniter and advanced electronics for precise control of water temperature and simplified system diagnostics.
- Factory installed heat trap nipples - standard on all models
- Quiet, modular blower -equipped with 110/120 volt electrical system (rating 3 amps or less), 6-foot cord, standard 3-prong male connector
- Dynaclean diffuser dip tube - reduces lime and sediment buildup, maximizes hot water output. Made from long-lasting PEX cross-link polymer.
- Coregard anode rod - aluminum anode with stainless steel core protects tank against corrosion longer than ordinary mild steel anodes
- Green Choice gas burner -patented "Eco-Friendly" design reduces NOx emissions by up to 33%, complies with Southern California and Texas requirements
- Durable tamper-resistant brass drain valve
- Permaglas glass coating -protects steel tank from rust
- Factory installed temperature and pressure relief valve