A Flexible Vent Kit is shipped with this water heater
Direct vent (DS) water heaters utilize a co-axial (pipe inside a pipe) vent pipe that takes air in from the outside (outer vent) and vents combustion gases directly back to the outside (outer vent). It is the perfect choice for situations with insufficient combustion air. No electricity required.
- Bradford White ICON System - Intelligent gas control with proven millivolt
powered technology and built-in piezo igniter. A standard, off the shelf thermopile
converts heat energy from the pilot flame into electrical energy to operate the gas
valve and microprocessor. No need for external electricity.
- Enhanced Performance - Proprietary algorithms provide enhanced First Hour Delivery ratings and tighter temperature differentials.
- Advanced Temperature Control System - Microprocessor constantly monitors and controls burner operation to maintain consistent and accurate water temperature levels.
- Intelligent Diagnostics - An exclusive green LED light prompts the installer during start-up and provides ten different diagnostic codes to assist in troubleshooting.
- Pilot On Indication - Flashing green LED provides positive indication that pilot is on.
- Separate Immersed Thermowell - High strength advanced polymer composite thermowell provides isolation between electric temperature sensor and surrounding water. No need to drain the tank when removing gas valve.
- Closed Combustion - All air for combustion is taken directly from the outside. The co-axial vent pipe (pipe inside a pipe) draws combustion air in through the outer pipe (6"), and exhausts the products of combustion through the inner pipe (4"). The co-axial vent pipe at the top of the unit can be rotated for venting flexibility.
- Reinforced Seals - Seals surround the closed combustion chamber and the FVIR inner door, preventing the ignition of Flammable Vapors outside of the water heater.
- Maintenance Free - The vent piping and the closed combustion chamber with reinforced seals does not require regular cleaning under normal operating conditions.
- Sight Window - Offers a view into the combustion chamber to observe the operation of the pilot and burner.
- Factory Installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System - Cold water inlet sediment reducing device helps prevent sediment build up in tank. Increases first hour delivery of hot water while minimizing temperature build up in tank.
- Vitraglas® Lining - Bradford White tanks are lined with a exclusively engineered enamel formula that provides superior protection from the highly corrosive effects of hot water. This formula (Vitraglas®) is fused to the steel surface by firing at a temperature of over 1600ºF.
- Cast Aluminum Air Intake Boot - A cast molded air intake boot provides exceptional installation durability.
- Telescoping Solid Vent Kits - Multiple kits (see reverse side) allow up to 8ft. vertical and 8ft. horizontal vent lengths (horizontal termination only).
- Flexible Vent Kit - The maximum vent length (horizontal and vertical) can be flexed to 100" (horizontal termination only).
- 1" Non-CFC Foam Insulation - Surrounds the tank surface, saving energy by reducing the amount of heat loss.
- Water Connections - 3/4" NPT factory installed true dielectric fittings.
- Factory Installed Heat Traps.
- Protective Magnesium Anode Rod.
- T&P Relief Valve - Included.
- Brass Drain Valve - Tamper proof design.
Check product PDFs for more information on optional vent kits.