- High Energy Factor (EF) Ratings - These models qualify for most energy rebate programs as well as the January 1st, 2009 minimum ENERGY STAR® EF requirement.
- Closed Combustion Venting System - Power Direct Vent closed combustion system utilizes external air for combustion and exhausts directly to the outside through a separate two-pipe system. The air intake and exhaust vent are 3" connections. The equivalent feet of intake venting cannot be greater than the equivalent feet of exhaust venting.
- Cast Aluminum Air Intake Boot - A cast molded air intake boot design provides exceptional durability during installation and operation.
- Flammable Vapor Sensor - Electronic sensor prevents burner operation if flammable vapors are detected.
- Factory Installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System - Cold water inlet sediment reducing device helps prevent sediment build up in tank. Increases first hour delivery of hot water while minimizing temperature build up in tank.
- Vitraglas® Lining - Bradford White water heater tanks are protected from the corrosive effects of hot water by an exclusive ceramic porcelain-like coating. The Bradford White high silica Vitraglas® lining provides a tough interior surface for our hot water tanks.
- Electronic Gas Control - The integrated, immersion gas control offers more precise temperature control for higher first hour delivery and also allows water temperature adjustment without removing the cover. The control is equipped with an LED display to aid in start-up and diagnostics.
- Spark to Pilot Ignition System - Eliminates the constant burning pilot used on other water heaters.
- Powerful Blower Motor - Our design has higher torque for greater resistance to outside winds and the power to eliminate problems with difficult venting situations. This significantly quieter motor runs cooler for a considerably longer operational life.
- Optional Concentric Vent Kit Termination - 3" termination fitting provides for only one exit opening through a wall or roof. (Subtract 10ft. for intake pipe and 10ft. for exhaust pipe when calculating total vent length.)
- Horizontal and Vertical Venting - With 3" or 4" PVC, ABS, or CPVC (Maximum equivalent vent length for each pipe on reverse side).
- 2" Non-CFC Foam Insulation - Surrounds the tank surface, saving energy by retarding loss of heat (PDX2-65T has 1" Non-CFC Insulation).
- Water Connections - 3/4" NPT factory installed true dielectric fittings extend water heater life and eases installation.
- Factory Installed Heat Traps - Design incorporates a flexible disk that reduces heat loss in piping and eliminates the potential for noise generation.
- Protective Magnesium Anode Rod - Provides added protection against corrosion for long trouble-free service.
- T&P Relief Valve - Included.
- Brass Drain Valve
- Design Certified by CSA International (formerly AGA and CGA).
Heater is a propane gas (LP) model and features a titanium stainless steel propane burner