Description for Bradford White S-DW2-60R6DS
The EcoStor2 SC models are similar to the EcoStor SC except the EcoStor2 SC features an internal double-wall heat exchanger. This type of design provides additional protection required in certain municipalities and applications because it ensures separation of the surrounding water from the solar heating fluid.
- Internal Double Wall Heat Exchanger - Double Wall 1 1/2" O.D. glass coated
(Vitraglas®) steel coil ensures separation of potable water and heating fluid.
The coil has a heat transfer area of 14.2 sq. ft. and a stored water volume of
2.5 gal. Maximum supply temperature from the solar collector must not
- 3/4" NPT Front Supply and Return Connections.
- Sensor Wires for Solar Thermistor Connections - Twisted wires are
provided under the Upper and Lower covers. These wires have been
provided as a means for connecting thermistors to a solar controller
(Thermistors and Solar Controller are not provided).
- Integrated Mixing Device - Features an accurate, easy to use hand wheel
for adjusting mixed water temperature, a pre-piped stainless steel flexible
connector for quick installation as well as optional water connections (1/2"
NPT recirculation inlet, 1/2" NPT hot water outlet, 1/4" NPT cold water
outlet). This required system is easily installed and ensures a comfortable
outlet temperature while providing a steady flow of hot water.
- Backup Element(s) - A dual, or single backup heating element provides
heat only when solar energy does not satisfy demand. Dual element
models allow entire tank to hold hot water during periods where solar
heating is not available.
- Factory Installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System - Cold water inlet
sediment reducing device helps prevent sediment build up in tank.
Increases first hour delivery of hot water while minimizing temperature build
up in tank.
- Vitraglas® Lining - Bradford White tanks are lined with an exclusively
engineered enamel formula that provides superior protection from the highly
corrosive effects of hot water. This formula (Vitraglas®) is fused to the steel
surface by firing at at temperature of over 1600ºF.
- Fully Automatic Controls - Fast acting surface-mount thermostat(s) for
automatic temperature control. Factory installed sensitive manual reset
energy cutoff for safety to prevent overheating.
- 2" Non-CFC Foam Insulation - Covers the sides and top of tank, reducing
the amount of heat loss. This results in less energy consumption, improved
operation efficiencies and jacket rigidity.
- Potable Water Connections - 3/4" NPT factory installed true dielectric
fittings extend water heater life and eases installation.
- Two Protective Anode Rods - Provide added protection against corrosion
for long trouble-free service.
- Direct Heat Transfer With Immersed Incoloy Element(s) - Transfers heat
directly and efficiently to the water. Screw-in style.
- T&P Relief Valve - Included.
- Brass Drain Valve - Durable tamper proof design.
NOTE: See Product Information/Specifications PDF for information on electrical specifications
PLEASE NOTE: The product weighs 217 lbs. and may require the use of a
If you do require a lift gate at your delivery, you'll have the option to add this FREE of charge when you checkout.