In North America the average household spends around 30% of energy costs on their domestic hot water. With this in mind Buderus designs its hot water tanks to work more economically and efficiently. Buderus pioneered new methods of producing and storing domestic hot water, so you are assured of greater operating efficiencies, lower fuel consumption and consistent hot water, all while saving money.
Buderus' patented Thermoglaze® is a ceramic material which is thermally bonded to the internal components of the tank to provide a glass-like coating. This unique coating protects against the corrosive affects of minerals that naturally appear in water, maximizing the life of the tank, while minimizing the number of service calls. Constructed of the highest quality materials, including the Thermoglaze® coating on all the interior surfaces, Buderus tanks also have excellent insulation resulting in less than a ¼°F loss of heat per hour. The larger surface area of the heat exchanger in a Buderus tank delivers excellent recovery rates.
Buderus domestic hot water tanks offer features that provide for ease of installation, simple maintenance and reliable operation. All models are equipped with a magnesium anode rod for protection against corrosion, a P&T valve and drain for quick installation, and use adjustable screw-on feet for leveling. An easy-access cover aids in cleaning and maintaining the coil and tank interior. Standard on the S120, a Honeywell aquastat can be ordered separately for the other tanks.
Buderus domestic hot water tanks are designed with features that allow them to fit all needs. Short on space? The LT horizontal tanks are designed to fit under a Buderus boiler resulting in a smaller footprint. For domestic hot water priority add a Buderus Logamatic control. With this option, even on cold mornings when the boiler is working hard, you will always have plenty of hot water for showers. Equipped with a recirculation option Buderus tanks work more efficiently so that hot water is not wasted.
- Economical - better insulation. High density fluoro-carbon free bonded-foam insulation for better maintenance of stored hot water temperature.
- Large surface area heat exchanger for excellent recovery rates.
- Corrosion Protection - the Buderus Thermoglaze® process protects the interior of the tank from corrosion caused by most types of water.
- Easy access cover for cleaning of coil and tank interior.
- Horizontal tanks for small footprint, vertical tanks for improved recovery rates.
- Standard magnesium anode rod for active corrosion protection.