Burnham's Independence Series gas-fired boilers offer all of the benefits of hydronic heat plus the advantages of high quality, reliable cast iron construction and advanced engineering.
The cast iron sections on the heat exchanger are linked by metal couplings called push nipples. These push nipples increase the longevity of a Burnham boiler by resisting the petroleum based antifreeze commonly used in hydronic heating systems. Many competitive products use a rubber-type gasket for this purpose. This type of gasket will begin to deteriorate when it comes in contact with hydronic antifreeze.
Independence boilers are made with cast iron sections that are produced at Burnham's own foundry and are assembled and tested at Burnham's facilities in Lancaster, PA. This ensures the quality and availability of this vital component. Burnham is the only boiler manufacturer that can make this claim.
- Steam boiler
- Natural gas
- Natural draft
- Cast iron sectional design
- 10 year warranty on the heat exchanger
- Stainless steel burners ensure years of reliable, rust-free operation
- Step-opening gas valve enables boiler to start on low fire and progress to high fire. This provides safe & smooth operation, quiet ignition, and longer component life.
- Industrial quality pressuretrol for accurate, trouble-free control
- Equipped with fuel-saving vent damper which automatically closes the flue and preserves system heat after the burner shuts off. This damper opens automatically prior to burner ignition.
- Rear drafthood installs in low overhead areas and allows for clearance and flexibility of installation with existing piping