A Heat Recovery Ventilator is a complete whole house ventilation system that incorporates a supply motor and an exhaust motor in one unit. It is designed to bring a continuous supply of fresh air into the home while exhausting an equal amount of contaminated air. HRVs use what is known as a "sensible" heat recovery core. The special aluminum core transfers heat from the exhaust air stream to the incoming air stream. Fresh incoming air is tempered by the heat that is transferred from the outgoing air so you save on energy costs.
HRVs are designed for colder areas of the country that have longer heating seasons as well as drier desert areas of the South.
- Powder coated 24-gauge galvanized steel cabinets
- Fully insulated with 1" aluminum foil-face high density foam
- (2) German manufactured motors with backward incline impellers
- Aluminum heat recovery core
- Compact design
- Mounting: Suspended by chains and hooks
- Three speeds
- Continuous exhaust only model
- External screw type dry contacts for quick connection of remote controls
- (2) Electrostatic filters (washable)
- 50-149 CFM (24-70 L/s) @ 0.4" w.g.
- 3' plug-in power cord
- 6" top port duct connections