The ACM3 is a carbon monoxide detector (CO detector) accessory head for use with Fieldpiece's modular instruments. It has a very fast reaction time thanks to an electrochemical sensor is specific to carbon monoxide (CO). This rugged instrument can help you hunt down sources of potentially life-threatening, poisonous gas.
Carbon monoxide (CO), a product of combustion, is an odorless, colorless gas. Faulty combustion equipment is one source of this dangerous gas known as the "silent killer". The ACM3 carbon monoxide detector measures CO in parts per million (ppm). Use it for walk-around tests to help pinpoint sources of CO indoors. Measure CO ppm in flue gas using the optional AOXP2.
How Does It Work?
The "Walk-Around" Test: The ACM3 responds to changes in CO levels in real time. You must find the source of CO when levels rise on entry into a structure.
- Zero the unit outdoors away from any source of CO
- Enter the structure
- Walk around and watch the display
- Move toward the area of highest concentration to find the CO source
Persistent sources of CO, such as malfunctioning combustion equipment in occupied spaces, must be serviced immediately.
Features and Benefits
- Works with any Fieldpiece expandable instrument or handle or any DMM with mVDC ranges and detachable leads
- Fast electrochemical sensor helps you find CO sources like cracked heat exchangers or breached flue stacks
- Calibrate to ambient quickly with ZERO calibration pot
- Auto Power Off (APO) to save battery life (easy to disable)
- Battery check with % of battery life left displayed
- Intuitive interface. A fancy way of saying easy to use. Technicians take it out of the box and know how to use it before even opening the manual. (Of course, please read the two page operator's manual before use.)
- Rugged sensor maintains accuracy over time
- Optional AOXP2 hand pump works much better in cold weather than most electronic pumps
- Use with optional AOXP2 pump for flue gas testing
- ACM3 Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Calibration screwdriver
- 9V battery (installed)
- Operator's manual
For additional technical specifications, please see "User Guide" in the manuals tab above.