Honeywell TrueSTEAM direct-injection humidifiers provide the high performance and efficiency of steam humidification with easier maintenance than traditional humidifiers. The patented Condensate Collect Dome and beveled nozzle keep water in the tank, delivering only true steam into your duct?s airflow. TrueSTEAM provides your home with high-capacity true humidity, while using up to 70% less water than flow-through humidifiers. It automatically fills with water and drains when needed, so you don?t have to remember to do it. On top of that, TrueSTEAM actually controls your homes HVAC equipment for maintaining desirable humidity levels in your home year-round. Wiring to your HVAC equipment allows TrueSTEAM to supply humidity when you need it by turning on your equipment automatically. TrueSTEAM has the built-in intelligence to shut down when humidity is not needed for an extended period. After 48 hours of inactivity, TrueSTEAM will drain its tank and remain empty until it is needed again. This prevents water from stagnating within the tank. Maintenance is also made simple with the TrueSTEAM?just remove the water tank for cleaning. TrueSTEAM's internal system diagnostics monitor system operation and maintenance schedules as well as system faults. The LED light panel on the TrueSTEAM lets you know that the humidifier is operating correctly, when maintenance is needed, and when it is safe to remove the tank for cleaning. The push buttons allow the tank to be drained for cleaning, and quickly return to operation when the tank is reattached to the humidifier.
NOTE: Water filter (SKU: 50028044-001) is NOT included, although the Honeywell website states that one is included with this humidifier.
- Application flexibility - Mount directly to the duct or remotely up to 20 feet away into tight-fitting or unconditioned air spaces
- Installs in minutes - Limited duct cutting and bracket-mount design takes less than 5 minutes to complete.
- Provides humidity independent of equipment operation, allowing homeowners to reach their desired humidity setpoints regardless of air temperature.
- Uses up to 70 percent less water to produce even more moisture than traditional whole-house humidifiers.
- Requires only a 1-3/4" cut into ductwork and mounts on a separate, lightweight bracket (included) for accurate leveling.
- Push terminals for easy wiring are routed through an interior harness so no wires are exposed.
- LED lights indicate when system is running or needs service. Lights also provide feedback to the installer during installation.
- Multiple sensors sit in a separate compartment to accurately monitor water levels.
- Easy maintenance - Self-regulates cleaning cycles throughout the year. Annual maintenance requires no tools to access and clean, saving time and money on annual contractor service calls.
- 5-year warranty