(48-66) 3/8" Flare x 3/8" MIP Brass Half Union Zoom

(48-66) 3/8" Flare x 3/8" MIP Brass Half Union


Brand: Jones Stephens

Jones Stephens
Qty Price
/ each
$9.20 / box (10 units x $0.92)
In Stock! Ships in 24-48 Hours
(3278 Available)


Size: 3/8" x 3/8"
Material: Brass
Connection Type: Flared
Thread Type: Male
Application: Plumbing

Description for Jones Stephens F40-069

Flare x MIP Half Union

(48-66) 3/8" Flare x 3/8" MIP Brass Half Union


by PowerReviews
Jones Stephens(48-1212) 3/4" Flare x 3/4" MIP Brass Half Union

(based on 1 review)

Ratings Distribution

  • 5 Stars



  • 4 Stars



  • 3 Stars



  • 2 Stars



  • 1 Stars



Reviewed by 1 customer

Displaying review 1

Back to top


Hard To Find Fitting That Can Be Useful

By Tyrone Shulace

from western North Carolina

Verified Buyer

Comments about (48-128) 3/4" Flare x 1/2" MIP Brass Half Union:

I installed an outside propane tankless water heater that required a 3/4" supply line, but the regulator on my propane tank only had a 1/2" threaded outlet. The warranty on the heater did not allow ANY 1/2" supply line to be used. This uncommon fitting solved the problem without having to install a different regulator.

Displaying review 1

Back to top

Q&A: Ask the Questions, share answers

Do you have questions about this product?

Get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.

1 Question | 3 Answers
Displaying question 1
  • (48-1212) 3/4" Flare x 3/4" MIP Brass Half Union


    Hello, I need a flare-to-MIP (or flare-to-FIP) adapter that allows 3/4" flow on both ends, as this will be in a supply line for a gas water heater that requires about 200,000 btu flow. The item in the accompanying photo doesn't fit the bill, but it appears to be a generic flare/MIP union pic, so I hope that the item has the same size opening on both ends. Thank you.
    Asked on 6/12/2012 by Eric from Indianapolis, IN

    3 answers



      Hey Eric,
      I'll be happy to try to help you, but I need a little more info first.
      The fitting in the pic is indeed a flare x mip half union, but you say
      it doesn't fit the bill. If you could tell me what it is you're trying
      to join to what, it would help. For example, are you trying to join the
      end of an iron pipe to soft copper tubing (using a flare x fip)? Or
      putting a coupling on the end of an iron pipe and joining soft copper
      tubing to that (using a flare x mip)? Or something else, etc.?
      As long as the pipe is properly sized, a 3/4" flare x 3/4" mip or fip
      will work just fine in a 3/4" line with no meaningful restriction to the
      gas flow.

      Answered on 6/13/2012 by Anonymous


      I'm a fellow shopper. A few months ago I experienced the same issues, as the
      accompanying photo a part, may not look like the part in the description. If
      you choose a 3/4" flare x MIP, the choose a 3/4" FIP union....or maybe it's
      called 3/4" x 3/4" pipe coupling. Iron or brass will work. What's
      interesting is that a gas valve should provide the coupling necessary to
      make the connection, unless you've relocated the pipe. In relocation, the
      valve should be removed and relocated behind the new placement of the
      appliance. Hope that information helps.
      Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

      Answered on 6/13/2012 by Anonymous


      Yes. This is flare x male ips. If it is called full 3/4", then it is not reducing at all. This is qdequate for your particular situation.
      Adam J. Perry

      Answered on 6/14/2012 by Anonymous
Displaying question 1

Do you have a question about this product?