The Barrier product family is an EPS foam underslab insulation and vapor retarder, designed to insulate radiant heating projects from heat loss and retard moisture migration through concrete. The core of the product is made of flexible, recyclable expanded polystyrene that provides the excellent insulation characteristics that are needed to maximize energy savings and minimize heat loss. The unique core has vapor retarding films bonded to both sides as well as a patented self-taping edge and overlapping flange to make the entire installation seam-free. High-performance insulation values, cost-saving installation, and unequaled flexibility makes The Barrier product family the most effective radiant floor insulation and vapor retarder in today?s market.
Features & Benefits:
- Durable / Flexible / Walkable
- 100% Waterproof and Vapor-proof
- Expanded polystyrene for real insulating value
- Fast / Easy Installation - 4' x 64' rolls for significant labor savings
- Seamless - Patented factory applied tape edge reduces thermal bridging
- Printed layout guides for tubing layout or trimming
- Sustainable = Recycled EPS content
- Improved 3" overlap flange
- Full product coverage - no need to purchase additional material for overlap loss.
Like a foam cup protects your hand from the hot beverage it holds, The Barrier product family protects concrete from heat loss and moisture damage, especially when used in a radiant heat floor application. Use in all floor heating or snow melting applications where the heat should be driven upwards as opposed to wasting the energy to the ground. Great uses are in hydronic, electric slab heating or snow melting applications. Where higher density material is desired, BarrierHL and XBoard at 25 psi provides the increased support and necessary R-values such as in slab-on-slab retrofits with thinner concrete over-pours. The entire product lineup is strong, durable, and utilizes long-lasting proven R-Value performance without the use of reflective foil. Installation is far easier because you can walk on all of them without breaking - plus, the patented seam taping system makes installation fast and efficient.