Uponor AquaPEX is manufactured and listed to ASTM F876 and F877 and certified to NSF Standards 14 and 61. Uponor AquaPEX tubing is rated and listed by the Hydrostatic Stress Board of PPI at 200 degrees F at 80 psi, 180 degrees F at 100 psi and 73.4 degrees F at 160 psi.
Note: Uponor 1/2" AquaPEX tubing is listed to UL1821 and ULC/ORD C199 P and carries an additional rating of 120 degrees F at 130 psi.
What are the Uponor PEX standards?
Uponor PEX and associated fittings are manufactured to the following standards:
- ASTM F876 "Standard Specification for Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing"
- ASTM F877 "Standard Specification for Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Plastic Hot and Cold Water Distribution Systems"
- ASTM F1960 "Standard Specifications for Cold Expansion Fittings with PEX Reinforcing Rings for use with Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing"
- ASTM F2080 "Standard Specifications for Cold Expansion Fittings with Metal Compression Sleeves for Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Tubing"
- CSA B137.5 Thermoplastic Pressure Piping Compendium
- ANSI/NSF Standard 14 "Plastics Piping System Components and Related Materials"
- ANSI/NSF Standard 61 "Drinking Water System Components - Health Effects"
- UL 1821 "Standard for Safety for Thermoplastic Sprinkler Pipe and Fittings for Fire Protection Service" (1/2" Uponor AquaPEX only)
Uponor AquaPEX tubing is approved in the following codes:
- NPC of Canada
- NBC of Canada
Uponor AquaPEX tubing has the following listings:
- G573 - Two-hour Hambro floor/ceiling assembly
- K913 - Two-hour concrete floor/ceiling assembly
- L557 - One-hour wood frame floor/ceiling assembly
- U372 - One-hour wood frame wall assembly
- V444 - One-hour steel stud wall assembly