Description for Watts 0389175
Series 709DCDA Double Check Detector Assemblies prevent backflow of non-health hazard fire protection system substances from being pumped or siphoned into the potable water supply. It incorporates a meter to detect ground leaks and unauthorized illegal taps, greatly reducing annual water expenses. Its compact epoxy coated cast iron unibody and modular check design facilitate simple and easy installation and maintenance.
Benefits: Detects leaks . . . with emphasis on the cost of unaccountable water; incorporates a meter which allows the water utility to:
- detect leaks underground that historically create great annual cost due to waste.
- provide a detection point for unauthorized use. It can help
locate illegal taps.
Modular check design concept facilitates maintenance and
assembly access. All sizes are standardly equipped with
resilient seated OSY shutoff valves, 5/8" x 3/4" (16 x 19mm) meter and ball type test cocks.
"Do not use this item for any installation or repair of potable water applications. This product does not comply with the "Safe Drinking Water Act," which requires that products meet low-lead standards in order to be used in systems providing water for human consumption (drinking or cooking). This item is for non-potable (non-human consumption) water applications only."
- Body construction fused epoxy coated cast iron
- Replaceable bronze seats
- Maximum flow at low pressure drop
- Compact for economy combined with performance
- Design simplicity for easy maintenance
- Furnished with 5/8" x 3/4" (16 x 19mm) bronze meter
- No special tools required for servicing
PLEASE NOTE: The product weighs 522 lbs. and may require the use of a
If you do require a lift gate at your delivery, you'll have the option to add this FREE of charge when you checkout.