Bi-directional driers are designed to provide complete protection to your heat pump or reverse cycle system. The compact design filters contaminants, and removes moisture & acids during the cooling & heating cycles. Internal check valves prevent the release of collected contaminants when the heat pump cycles from the heating to cooling modes.
- Proven, nylon internal check valves
- Solid block desiccant core: a composite of molecular sieve and activated alumina
- Provides high moisture, organic and inorganic acid removal
- The addition of charcoal to the desiccant core allows for the removal of wax that may occur at low evaporator temperatures
- Nickel plated SAE flare and solid copper ODF fittings
- Corrosion resistant paint
The drier may be installed in any position in the reversing liquid line.
Given the proper liquid line size, connection type and tonnage of the refrigerant system, the correct drier may be selected using the chart found in the "Product Information/Specifications" document below. Choosing a unit size with sufficient water capacity to reduce moisture content of the system to a safe level should be considered.