4" Universal Adapter (Takagi, Modine, Paloma, Rheem) Zoom

4" Universal Adapter (Takagi, Modine, Paloma, Rheem)


Brand: Z-FLEX

Qty Price
/ each
In Stock! Ships in 24-48 Hours
(3 Available)



Vent Type: Adapter
Diameter (Inches): 4"
Size: 4"

Description for Z-FLEX 2SVSNA04.5

Z-Vent is a factory built, engineered AL29-4C special gas vent pipe, suitable for positive or negative pressure. Z-Vent is UL tested and listed to UL1738/S636. CAT II, III, IV venting approved.
Flashing for use in flat roof or chimney application.

4" Universal Adapter (Takagi, Modine, Paloma, Rheem)

Q&A: Ask the Questions, share answers

Do you have questions about this product?

get answers from real customers and in-house experts with AnswerBox.

2 Questions | 2 Answers
Displaying questions 1-2
  • 4" Universal Adapter (Takagi, Modine, Paloma, Rheem)


    Do I need this the 90 degree elbow seems to fit the takagi output fitting?
    Asked on 10/13/2013 by Tom from Orange county ca

    1 answer



      Yes, you need those type fittings... with the yellow rubber gasket shown there in your picture. I call this pipe "flue pipe"
        That gasket is used to prevent condensate (water) in the exhaust stream from leaking out at the pipe joints and dripping in the house. When the water heater is running, there is moisture in the exhaust (flue gas). When the flue gas cools as it goes up the pipe to the outdoors, some of that moisture condenses and turns into water droplets inside the pipe. It travels back down the pipe towards the heater. The gaskets in that pipe keep it inside the pipe and keep it from dripping inside woodwork or out on the floor, whatever the case may be.
        There is another fitting that they sell that looks like a "tee", but it has a cap on the bottom leg of the tee, with a small nipple poking out downwards. That condensed water is supposed to collect in that tee. You are supposed to connect a rubber hose to that nipple and the water that collects in the leg of the tee will drain down that hose and into wherever you put the hose... a drain or a bucket or whatever. 
        You don't want the moisture to go back inside of the heater.. where it may cause corrosion.... it needs to drain somewhere.
        All this only comes into play if you have a long run of flue pipe. If it's just a short distance from the heater to the outside, the moisture won't have much chance to condense back into water droplets and cause a problem.

      Answered on 10/15/2013 by Anonymous
  • 3" Universal Adapter (Takagi, Modine, Paloma, Rheem)


    Can you tell me the length of this adapter? Will it fit Eccotemp makes(being Universal)? Can you verify that is has a backflow and condensation drain? It does appear that way in the photo. Thanks
    Asked on 10/27/2010 by Dan learns about Z flex type vents from Sidney, NE

    1 answer



      This adapter is 6" in length. It does come with the backflow, but does not include the condensation drain. It will work with many different manufacturers, but unfortunately, it will not work with Eccotemp models.

      Answered on 10/29/2010 by PexSupply Staff from NY
Displaying questions 1-2

Do you have a question about this product?