As temperatures drop below 23F (- 5C), indoor air is recirculated periodically through the heat exchanger core to prevent frost from forming. Competitors’ methods of supplementary electric defrost waste energy. Unlike rotary wheel heat exchangers which mix air streams, these cross- flow or counterflow heat exchangers ensure that there is no mixing of the stale air stream with the fresh outdoor air stream.
A filter installed on the incoming outdoor air stream removes large airborne particles from the intake air stream before they enter the heat exchanger and reduces the maintenance required. The units’ acoustically engineered design make Cor ventilators the quietest on the market and ensures that comfort is felt, not heard.
Unlatching two (2) suitcase style latches allows easy removal of the filters and core for cleaning on most units.
NOTE: The unit should not be installed in an attic or unconditioned space unless provisions are made for drain line freezing and condensation.
- Integrated airflow balancing points*
- Integrated furnace interlock*
- High pressure blowers
- Onboard control for continuous high/low ventilator operation
- Energy saving defrost cycle*
- Cross- flow, counterflow heat exchangers
- One filter on incoming air; one filter on outgoing air to protect core
- No- tools maintenance
- Enthalpic heat exchanger core