The ACM4 is a carbon monoxide detector (CO detector) accessory head for use with Fieldpiece modular instruments. It has a fast reacting electrochemical sesor specific designed to detect carbon Monoxide (CO). Use the ACM4 to hunt down sources of potentially life-threatening, poisonous gas. And easily replace the sensor in the field when necessary.
Carbon monoxide (CO), a product of combustion, is an odorless, colorless gas. Faulty combustion equipment is one source of this dangerous gas known as the "silent killer". The ACM3 carbon monoxide detector measures CO in parts per million (ppm). Use it for walk-around tests to help pinpoint sources of CO indoors.
How Does It Work?
The "Walk-Around" Test: The ACM4 responds to changes in CO levels in real time. You must find the source of CO when levels rise on entry into a structure.
- Zero the unit outdoors away from any source of CO
- Enter the structure
- Walk around and watch the display
- Move toward the area of highest concentration to find the CO source
Persistent sources of CO, such as malfunctioning combustion equipment in occupied spaces, must be serviced immediately.
Features and Benefits
- Field-replaceable sensor
- Works with any Fieldpiece expandable instrument or handle or any DMM with mVDC ranges and detachable leads
- Fast electrochemical sensor helps you find CO sources like cracked heat exchangers or breached flue stacks
- Calibrate to ambient quickly with ZERO calibration pot
- Auto Power Off (APO) to save battery life (easy to disable)
- Battery check with % of battery life left displayed
- Use with optional AOXP2 pump for flue gas testing
- ACM4 Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Calibration screwdriver
- 9V battery (installed)
- Operator's manual
For additional technical specifications, please see "User Guide" in the manuals tab above.