Energy efficiency is key to controlling the cost of heating your home. The 96% AFUE rating on this gas furnace means that 96 cents of every $1.00 of heating energy expense warms your home. Some older central heating systems are rated at 60% AFUE. The Department of Energy (DOE) established the AFUE (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency) system to calculate the annual operating cost of residential gas furnaces.
- Heavy-duty aluminzed-steel tubular heat exchanger
- Stainless-steel secondary heat exchanger
- Single-stage gas valve provides quiet, economical heating
- Durable silicon nitride igniter
- Quiet single-speed induced draft blower
- Self-diagnostic control board with constant memory fault code history output to a LED display
- Color-coded low-voltage terminals with provisions for electronic air cleaner and humidifier