Free Shipping On orders over $99
Need replacement parts for this unit?
The Kidde i12040A is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
This smoke alarm is available in a 6-piece cut case with tray for easy display as well as a 6-piece bulk pack for contractors and property owners. This unit is a UL Listed product with a 10-year limited warranty.
- Front battery pull tab allows battery activation without removing alarm from mounting bracket.
- Large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections.
- Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip.
- One button design for easy operation and less confusion. Operates Hush™ and alarm test.
- Battery run down protection will shut down alarm memory when AC power is not present, reducing low battery chirp.
- Dust cover protects sensor from contaminates during construction reducing nuisance alarms.
- Tamper resist locking feature deters alarm theft.
- Alarm memory flashes red LED indicating which unit was the initiating alarm in interconnected system.
- Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user’s guide for complete instructions.
1 Product Reviews
This item is cost-prohibitive to ship on its own but is available to ship with orders over $200.
Why don't we show the price of this item?
We try to always offer you the lowest prices possible, but some manufacturers require that we only show these low prices once you take further action.
To see the price, simply add the item to your cart or sign in.