The Kidde i5000 is an AC/DC powered, ionization smoke alarm that operates on a 120V power source with 9V alkaline battery backup. This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
The front-loading battery door allows user to change the battery without removing the alarm from the mounting bracket making battery replacement easy and convenient. This smoke alarm is available in a 6-piece cut case with tray for easy display as well as a 6-piece bulk pack for contractors and property owners. This unit is a UL Listed product with a 10-year limited warranty.
- Front battery pull tab allows battery activation without removing alarm from mounting bracket.
- Large mounting base makes mounting easier, protects surface paint from dirt and covers imperfections.
- Pre-stripped wiring harness with easy off cap does not require stripper tool. Tinned strands increase conductivity and wire nut grip.
- Large centrally located Test/Hush® alarm control button.
- Dust cover protects sensor from contaminates during construction reducing nuisance alarms.
- Easy access front loading battery door.
- Battery backup provides protection in case of power failure.
- Interconnectable with up to 24 devices (of which 18 can be initiating) including smoke, CO and heat alarms. See user’s guide for complete instructions.