This 2-1/2" lead free reduced pressure zone backflow preventer assembly is designed to prevent the flow of polluted water from entering into the potable water supply due to backsiphonage and or backpressure. Its compact modular design facilitates easy maintenance with a single access cover for in-line repairs. Ideal for protection in continuous pressure piping applications and at cross-connections identified as health hazards and for contaminants at the service line entrance. This assembly consists of an fused epoxy coated cast iron body using ArmorTek™ coating technology for advanced corrosion resistance construction, non-rising stem resilient seated gate valves, top mounted test cocks, two in-line independent check valves, captured springs and replaceable check seats with an internal relief valve for reduced space requirements. The coating on this backflow assembly uses ArmorTek technology to resist corrosion due to microbial induced corrosion (MIC) or exposed metal substrate.
- Compact, space saving design
- Single access cover and modular check construction for the ease of maintenance
- Utilizes advanced ArmorTek coating technology to resist corrosion of internals
- The valve body shall utilize a coating system with built in electrochemical corrosion inhibitor and microbial inhibitor
- Non-rising stem resilient seated gate valves