The Cor Dehumidifier controls the humidity level in your entire home. A powerful blower inside the dehumidifier draws air into the cabinet, filters the air and removes moisture, then discharges the dry air into the HVAC system or dedicated area of the home. Inside the cabinet, a sealed refrigeration system removes moisture by moving the air through a series of tubes and fins that are kept colder than the dew point of the incoming air. The dew point is the temperature at which moisture in the air will condense, much like what occurs on the outside of a cold glass on a hot summer day. The condensed moisture drips into the dehumidifier drain pan to a drain tube routed to the nearest floor drain or condensate pump. After the moisture is removed, the air moves through a second coil where it is reheated before being sent back into the home.
The air leaving the dehumidifier will be warmer and drier than the air entering the dehumidifier.
Features and Benefits
- Easy, Versatile Control: The on-board LCD control provides a user-friendly interface for setting desired dehumidification levels. For even greater convenience, the whole-home dehumidifier can be controlled with a relative humidity thermostat or from an available remote control.
- Maintenance and Cleaning: Because routine filter cleaning ensures top performance, the dehumidifier control features a built-in “clean filter” reminder. A convenient access door on two sides of the cabinet allows for quick and easy removal and cleaning of the Merv 8 filter.
- Quiet Comfort: The precision-tuned fan and motor quietly and efficiently pull air into the dehumidifier with sound levels comparable to most furnaces and fan coils.
- Customized to your needs: Available in 70 or 95 pint sizes, this dehumidifier offers versatility to fit your comfort needs. It can be zoned to provide separate humidity control for two areas. It can also be installed in multiple configurations and locations such as a closet, basement attic or crawlspace.
- Protects Your Air and Furnishings: Excess humidity in your home can wreak havoc on your indoor air quality and your furnishings. By pulling moisture from the indoor air, the whole home dehumidifier not only enhances your comfort but protects your furnishings and enhances the quality of the air that you breathe every day.