- Selection: unlike fuses, the current-carrying capacity of cable limiters is denoted by cable size rather than amperage.
- For example, a “4/0” limiter will carry the current of a 4/0 cable.
- Buss Cable Limiters help protect cables against shortcircuit currents.
- Increase system reliability.
- Under high short-circuit conditions, they can cut off fault currents within one-half cycle (0.008 seconds).
- This fast action reduces insulation damage from the immense heat that is developed by sustained fault current flow (often 30,000, 50,000, 70,000, 150,000 amps magnitude).
- Reduces the high build-up of mechanical forces due to intense magnetic fields.
- Cable limiters help confine damage to the point of the short-circuit. Help stop long-length cable burn-back and striking of multiple arcs.
- Apart from the loss of power and operational shutdown, short-circuits can do devastating damage to conductors.
- The cost of total replacement of cables, particularly when they are buried underground, outweighs the nominal cost of cable limiter protection.
- Without the protection of limiters, under short-circuit conditions, a cable may continue to arc at several points and cause severe damage to components of the system…it does not necessarily burn clear.
- Buss Cable Limiters are short-circuit devices (unresponsive to light cable overloads) with several types of terminal connections to permit easy mechanical connection to a broad range of cable sizes.
- Totally self-contained, static device.
- Unlike the open link-type limiters, there is no venting of ionized gases or explosive action.
- Has stable, unchanging characteristics.
- High interrupting rating.
- Buss Cable Limiters withstand high short-circuit currents.
- Help provide compliance with NEC 110-9 and NEC 230-65.
- KDM, KDR, KDP and KFM copper cable limiters are UL listed under File E990818. For use at 600 V, ac on faults up to 200,000 Amps.
|Thu, Aug 6 – Tue, Aug 11|
Free Shipping This item ships free
Need replacement parts for this unit?
This item is cost-prohibitive to ship on its own but is available to ship with orders over $200.
Why don't we show the price of this item?
We try to always offer you the lowest prices possible, but some manufacturers require that we only show these low prices once you take further action.
To see the price, simply add the item to your cart or sign in.