With a Cold-Shot, you don’t have to drain water lines, sprinkler systems, or hot water systems before cutting pipe or tubing. It keeps a fully pressurized system operating while you make repairs.
The Cold-Shot freezes liquids in steel, copper, cast iron, aluminum and plastic pipes ranging from 1/8" through 2" (10 to 60mm) using carbon dioxide (CO2). Dip tube-type CO2 cylinders are available from any welding supply house.
The Cold-Shot works faster than “refrigerator-type” units, is more compact and less expensive. It’s faster and uses less CO2 than “bag-type” pipe freezers, because the freeze head makes a better seal around the pipe. In five minutes you’re ready to go to work on 1/2" copper tubing, and just three minutes for cast iron pipe.
- No need to drain the lines before cutting the pipe.
- Keep fully pressurized systems operating while you make repairs.
- Quickly freezes steel, copper, cast iron & aluminum pipes ranging from 1/8" to 2" in diameter.
- Uses commercially available and environmentally safe carbon dioxide (CO2).
- -110°F ice pack is strong enough to withstand 7,000 P.S.I.
- Quicker and less expensive than electrical freezing units.
- More efficient and convenient than “bag” type CO2 units.