The Thermaline is protected from freezing by a bonded polyurethane foam insulation permanently molded in a high strength plastic casing, and a 15 watt (110-120v) portable insert heater, which costs about a penny a day to operate even at 50° below zero.
The heater can be inserted and removed from the Themaline without interrupting the water service. Galvanized steel riser pipe with coal-tar coating on lower end, brass fittings, structural foam protective surface cover, and extra large cushion valve all combine to make the Themaline water connector virtually maintenance free.
When not in use, wheel handle at surface level shuts off water below the frost line. Water above the frost line can be removed completely with forced air or suction pump
- U.S. Patent Number – 3,913,602
- HEAD - Brass casting with 3/4" N.P.T. outlet
- COVER - Pressure molded polypropylene rigid structural foam
- HEATER - 15 watt (110-120V) portable insert heater with grounded metal alloy sheath and 3-prong standard plug
- RISER PIPE - 1" galvanized steel pipe - Optional - 1” brass pipe
- Operating Pipe - 1/4" galvanized steel pipe - Optional - 1/4” brass pipe
- INSULATION - Molded polyurethane foam
- CASING - 3 1/4" O.D. plastic tubing
- VALVE – Permanent type brass valve body with hemispherical seating surface. 3/4" N.P.T. inlet