Product Support Representative (Melville)
SupplyHouse.com's Customer Service Department seeks help answering technical questions regarding plumbing, heating, and HVAC products. No prior technical knowledge or experience in the industry is required! Intensive training will be given and product training classes will be conducted at various times throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking to customers and self-motivated. Prior customer service experience is not required. If you are motivated and want to start a career with a rapidly growing company, we want you to apply!
This is a fully remote-based role. However, our offices are always available for staff to use as much as desired.
Role Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Remote, New York City Metropolitan Area
Salary: $45,000/year ($21.63/hour)
- Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sunday, 9:00AM - 6:00PM and Monday - Thursday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Saturday & Sunday, 9:00AM - 6:00PM and Monday - Wednesday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
*Weekend Bonus*: Employees will be paid an additional $4 per hour for any hours worked on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Day to Day:
- Answering phones in a friendly and professional manner
- Responding to product related questions from customers both over the phone and via email
- Communicating with suppliers and manufacturers in order to obtain accurate product information
- Following up with customers to ensure they receive accurate information in a timely manner
- Assisting customer service representatives with product related questions
- Attending product training classes
- Placing customer orders
- Setting up customer returns
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm during escalated situations
- Independent and thorough decision making
What's Important to us:
- Positive Attitude – We work in close quarters where attitudes are contagious
- GRIT – Our 5 new core values! (Generosity, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Grit).
- Education – Associates/Bachelor's degrees preferred or High School Diploma with 2 years of Customer Service experience
- We have awesome benefits – 401k with company match, 100% company-paid medical insurance options, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and sick days. Our office is also equipped with an on-site gym, nap room, and meditation room.
- Flexible work scheduling – Many roles at SupplyHouse are remote-based, and we provide some flexibility with work hours depending on the needs of your role and team.
- We give back - We provide many opportunities to help our local communities, with both structured and informal ways to get involved.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously – We have a casual dress code, a pet-friendly office, and demonstrate respect to our colleagues, partners, and customers.
- We have fun – We have a pool table, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. We have monthly team building events. And we’re constantly icebreaking each other over Zoom. Look out for our movie nights, bowling leagues, and more!
Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company
IT Support Technician (Reno)
The IT Support Technician is responsible for responding to and remediating end user technical issues in the warehouse along with supporting and maintaining the organization’s onsite and remote IT systems, networking services, desktops, and peripherals.
The Warehouse IT Support technician will be the primary and direct point of contact for all issues whose primary focus is the operation of the facility. They will troubleshoot problems in a timely and accurate manner and provide end-user assistance as required. Other duties include processing end-user equipment requests, providing help desk support for on-site and remote users, and providing administrative support for the Warehouse office team as needed. The ideal candidate will have a college degree, experience in IT or Helpdesk support, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Provide prompt technical assistance and support for any technical issues and requests related to the warehouse operations.
- Perform diagnosis and resolution of onsite and remote end-user IT related issues
- Administer and resolve issues with end-user workstations and devices
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot the following:
- PC & laptop hardware, software, and peripherals
- Network hardware and software
- RF guns, scanners, tablets, and wireless access points
- Video Surveillance and Access Control systems
- Local servers
- MS-365 email and SharePoint accounts
- Phones /Voice systems
- Administer and resolve issues with end-user workstations and devices
- Coordinate with 3rd party vendors for PC and printer hardware repairs, installation of cabling and network equipment, and other IT related service calls
- Provide hand and eyes support to corporate IT Infrastructure team or supporting vendors to assist with remote troubleshooting and problem resolution as needed
- Deploy and maintain desktop images and application software
- Maintain inventory levels for equipment on site in a neat and organized fashion, request additional equipment (PCs, laptops, etc) once levels drop below defined thresholds
- Collaborate with Technology team members to ensure efficient operation of the organization’s warehouse and office environments.
- Provide IT related support for remote office workers as needed
- Configure various end-user devices based on company standard
- Maintain inventory of all local IT equipment and software
- Develop or modify IT Help Desk procedures
- Engage and work with third-party support and PC equipment vendors as needed
- Basic account management associated with end-user access and permissions
- Lifting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, printers, and peripherals.
- Provide back-up support to the office coordinator, assisting with various admin tasks when office coordinator is out or on break or IT tasks are completed
- Occasional off-hours support as needed
- Associates degree or higher in an IT, Business, or similar field
- 1 to 2+ year’s work experience providing Level1/Level2 IT Support for end-user requests and issues
- Working knowledge of PC and desktop hardware, software, and operating systems (Windows)
- Working knowledge of MS-365
- Basic understanding of IT infrastructure skills and concepts
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A polite, friendly demeanor and a passion for helping others
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Additional Preferred Experience/Qualifications
- Experience working in a warehouse or distribution facility environment
- Familiarity with cloud-based solutions such as Microsoft 365 and Google Docs
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Android and Apple OS
- Experience supporting security surveillance systems, voice, and paging systems
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Slack and Microsoft Teams
- Ability to install and terminate Ethernet cabling and LAN jacks
- Benefits – 401K with company match, great medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, vacation and sick days.
- Opportunities to give back – We provide many opportunities throughout the year to give back to our local communities.
- Pet friendly office – Some of our employees are 4-legged and furry!
- Casual dress code – Think jeans and a t-shirt
- Fun – We hold tons of exciting team events each quarter!
Interested? Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company