Full Stack Java Developer (Melville)
Our website has come a long way since we first started the company back in 2004. We couldn't have done this without our talented programming team. If you love coding, this is the job for you!
- Participating in all phases of software development: requirements, design, construction, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Implementing user-friendly front-end functionalities for our shopping site
- Developing applications to support company internal operations
- Ensuring system reliability and optimizing performance
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, and software engineering
- Familiarity with web application development, preferably with Java frameworks such as Spring, Struts, Hibernate, etc.
- Health insurance — 100% employee coverage after 1 month of employment
- Dental, vision, and 401K plans available
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Meals —we provide breakfast on Wednesdays, lunch on Mondays & Fridays and snacks in our stocked kitchen!
- Casual dress code
- Pet friendly office
- Ability to work with a great team!
Internal Events Coordinator (Melville)
SupplyHouse.com, a rapidly-growing online plumbing, heating, and HVAC supplier, seeks an Internal Events Coordinator to add to our Human Resources team! This individual will seek ways to expand upon our employee engagement offerings while also planning, managing, and executing our current employee-focused activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Organize recurring weekly, monthly, and annual company sponsored initiatives including in and out of office events
- Maintain and manage the annual calendar of events
- Communicate information about events and activities through weekly emails and instant messages
- Keep management informed regarding all upcoming and current events
- Perform routine evaluations of activities and events and continually seek opportunities for enhancement, efficiencies, and increased participation
- Propose new initiatives and execute proposals once decisions are made
- Track and monitor event costs and various HR expenses
- Oversee and book travel arrangements for employees
- Distribute cards and hang up balloons for employees birthdays and anniversaries
- Maintain organization of all event items in the warehouse
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the Human Resources Captain
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Effective problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Food, lots of it – We have a fully stocked kitchen, breakfast Wednesdays and lunch Mondays & Fridays.
- Full Benefits – 401k with match, great medical, dental, & vision, life insurance, nap room
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously – think jeans and a t-shirt and bring your dog Rufus
- We have fun – We have pool, air hockey, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. Look out for our movie nights and bowling.
- We give back – We have events throughout the year to do our part in the community