Customer Service Representative (Melville)
SupplyHouse.com, a growing and successful E-commerce company seeks help on our growing customer service team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking to customers, self-motivated, and have a four year college degree. Prior customer service experience is not required. The selected candidate will receive product training and attend a weekly customer service meeting.
Hours: Mon - Thurs 9am - 6pm and Fri 8am - 5pm with a 1 hour lunch break.
- Answering phones in a friendly and professional manner
- Filtering customer calls and entering information on task sheets
- Placing customer orders
- Setting up customer returns
- Answering basic product questions
- Pet friendly office
- Casual dress code
- Free on-site gym
- Meals — we provide breakfast on Wednesdays, lunch on Mondays & Fridays and free snacks in our stocked kitchen!
- Health insurance — 100% employee coverage after 1 month
- Dental, vision, and 401K plans available
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Ability to work with a great team! Meet us online at http://www.supplyhouse.com/meet-the-team
Linux Administrator (Melville)
SupplyHouse.com is looking for a Linux Administrator to help us setup and maintain our local and production environments, network topology and enforce systems security policies. The ideal candidate will have a 4-year college degree, a strong technical background, and excellent communication skills.
- Setting up and managing Linux systems and environments complying with security standards.
- Apache web server administration and configuration.
- Implements Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and manages renewal schedule.
- Maintains High Availability infrastructure ensuring security compliances and high level performance while minimizing service interruption.
- Maintains MySQL and Oracle databases.
- Provide network systems securities through policy enforcement and monitoring access.
- Assists in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS etc.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
- Configure and setup firewalls, VPN connections, FTP/FTPS servers and security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Knowledge/awareness of PCI Compliance security standards and best practices.
- Troubleshoots network hardware and software applications, OS upgrades, and security systems to resolve operational issues and to restore services.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS/IT/Computer Science
- Strong working knowledge with installing and configuring Apache Web Server and MySQL/Oracle.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and IP Networking, IP Networks and Protocols, hardware issue troubleshooting, and maintaining enterprise software tools.
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and network hardware (routers, switches, firewalls)
- Experience of command line interfaces (Windows/Mac Cisco).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Food, lots of it– We have a fully stocked kitchen, breakfast Wednesdays and lunch Mondays & Fridays.
- Full Benefits– 401k, great medical, dental, & vision, life insurance, nap room
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously– think jeans and a t-shirt and bring your dog Rufus
- We have fun– We have pool, air hockey, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. Look out for our movie nights and bowling.
- We give back– We have events throughout the year to do our part in the community