Senior Network Engineer (Melville)
SupplyHouse.com is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to help us setup and maintain our network topology and enforce systems security policies. The ideal candidate will have a 4-year college degree, a strong technical background, and excellent communication skills.
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring and troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, collaborating with network architects on network optimization.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of LAN and regional implementations.
- Provide network systems securities through policy enforcement and monitoring access.
- Report network operational status and complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
- Configure and setup firewalls, VPN connections, FTP/SFTP servers and security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Knowledge/awareness of PCI Compliance security standards and best practices.
- Setup, monitor and configure complex switching environments as assigned.
- Assists in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS etc.
- Troubleshoots network hardware and software applications, OS upgrades, and security systems to resolve operational issues and to restore services.
- Supports voice and video applications.
- Resolves WAN circuit issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS/IT/Computer Science
- 3-5 years of industry-related experience as a Network Administrator or Network Engineer
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and network hardware (routers, switches, firewalls)
- Strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux and IP Networking, IP Networks and Protocols, hardware issue troubleshooting, and maintaining enterprise software tools.
- Experience of command line interfaces (Windows/Mac Cisco).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Health insurance — 100% employee coverage after 1 month
- Meals — breakfast on Wednesdays, lunch on Monday & Fridays and free snacks in our stocked kitchen
- Dental, Vision, and 401K plans available
- Paid time off (vacation + sick) and paid holidays
- Casual dress code
- Open floor plan
- Office gym
- Pet friendly workplace
- Ability to work with a great team! Meet us online at http://www.supplyhouse.com/meet-the-team
Product Support Specialist (Reno)
SupplyHouse.com's customer service department seeks help answering technical questions regarding plumbing, heating, and HVAC products. No prior technical knowledge or experience in the industry is required! Intensive training will be given and product training classes will be conducted at various times throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking to customers, self-motivated, and have a four year college degree. Prior customer service experience is not required. If you are motivated and want to start a career with a rapidly growing company, we want you to apply!
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am-5pm with a 1 hour lunch break.
- Answering phones in a friendly and professional manner
- Responding to product related questions from customers both over the phone and via email
- Communicating with suppliers and manufacturers in order to obtain accurate product information
- Following up with customers to ensure they receive accurate information in a timely manner
- Assisting customer service representatives with product related questions
- Attending product training classes
- Placing customer orders
- Setting up customer returns
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to remain calm during escalated situations
- Independent and thorough decision making
- Benefits – 401K with company match, great medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, vacation and sick days.
- Food … and lots of it – We have a fully stocked kitchen and catered breakfast and lunch 2 days a week
- Opportunities to give back – We provide many opportunities throughout the year to give back to our local communities.
- Pet friendly office – Some of our employees are 4-legged and furry!
- Casual dress code – Think jeans and a t-shirt
- Fun – We hold tons of exciting team events each quarter!
Interested? Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company