Description for Modine HC-18L-01
Horizontal delivery unit heaters are the most popular of all types. These units are ideal for heating buildings with large open areas
and low ceilings. They are used to counter heat loss along outside building walls, especially where windows are present.
In addition to the features noted on page 2, features that enhance the popularity of the horizontal delivery unit heater are:
- HC units have side supply and return connections
- Units have a 2-piece casing for easy coil access.
- All models have tapped holes for suspension by threaded rod or optional pipe hanger adapter kit, except HSB-18 and HSB-24 which mount directly to and are supported by the supply and return piping.
- Serpentine copper tube coil design has high resistance to thermal shock, even under high steam pressures.
- Absence of coil headers eliminates potential leaks and increases coil face area without increasing overall size of unit.
- Coil designed for greater water carrying capacity with lower friction loss.