The AG140 series water softener air gaps are designed to share the drain with a washing machine.
Water softeners are typically located near the laundry facilities in the garage, basement or in the
laundry room for convenient access to the house drainage piping.
The important feature of this air gap is its ability to share a drain with a washing machine drain hose. It
is easy to use and legal to install in any state. The AG140 series air gap is listed by UPC® and tested for
compliance with IPC and NSF standards.
The AG140-002 comes with a 4" long, 7/8" ID flexible rubber hose that fits onto the air gap’s 3/4" OD outlet. It is designed to fit into recessed washing machine outlet boxes with 1-1/2" or 2" standpipe. The air gap is tested at 15 gallons per minute and recommended usage is 7 gallons per minute
- Designed to fit into recessed washing machine outlet boxes
with 2" drainpipe
- A flow straightener to quiet and smooth out turbulent flow
- Allow space for washer drain hook or soft rubber washer
- Comes with 4" flexible hose
- Provides 1/2" PVC slip connection with O-ring sealer
- Wall mount plate
- 4" rubber hose with 7/8" ID