NOFP SOLEX Reflective Insulation is engineered to increase energy efficiency, provide a clean finished appearance, and simplify installation for all residential, post frame, light-gauge steel, and commercial insulation applications. The core of the product is made of a solid layer of flexible foam designed especially for NOFP that provides excellent insulation characteristics in a moisture proof design. The core of SolexLT is 1/8" thick while Solex comes standard at 1/4" providing additional insulation value and durability. In addition, the multiple facing combinations are thermally bonded in a unique process that provides a long-term quality finish to every Solex roll.
- Downwards (7/16" osb / 2.75" airspace / solex / 2.75" airspace / ½" Gypsum):
- Upwards (7/16" osb / 2.75" airspace / solex / 2.75" airspace / ½" Gypsum):
- Horizontal (vinyl siding / 1" airspace / solex / 7/16" osb):
- Horizontal (vinyl siding / 2.75" airspace / solex / 2.75" airspace / ½" Gypsum):
Features & Benefits
- Reflects up to 97% of radiant energy
- Non-toxic lightweight rolls
- Durable construction and long-lasting toughness
- Excellent vapor barrier
- Multiple facing combinations
- Easy installation with utility knife and tape
- Bird and insect resistant
- Increases system thermal performance
- Use in retrofit or new construction
Solex Products can be used for new construction as well as retrofit in a variety of applications, such as post frame, horse, dairy or livestock buildings as well as for finished walls, building insulation, condensation control, and as a thermal break and vapor barrier. Solex and SolexLT can be perforated for applications where a vapor barrier is not needed such as behind siding or in an attic.