The Sporlan Type 3 Way series valves primary purpose is to control automatically the flow of fluids, liquid or gas. Sporlan 3 Way Valves may be applied to divert flow of refrigerant in heat reclaim, reheat, or defrost applications.
The most common use is heat reclaim. When the coil is de-energized the valve diverts refrigerant to the normal condenser. When the coil is energized the valve diverts refrigerant to the reclaim condenser. Two other applications are for split condensers and hot gas defrost. The B5D series are brass valves with extended copper connections. The 8D, 12D, and 16D series valves are powder coated steel bodies with extended copper connections. For Air Conditioning or refrigeration applications it is important to use system capacity, refrigerant, type of fluid, temperature and pressures. It is not recommended to size by line size. Refer to literature or selection program for capacity data and details. Each valve is factory tested to ensure positive leak-free performance.
- Class F coils
- E series has extended copper connections. Disassembly for installation is unnecessary
- 3 Way pilot eliminates costly low side leaks
- "B" type reduces install cost by eliminating the need for a solenoid valve on systems requiring idle condenser pump out.
- Mount in vertical or horizontal lines
- Synthetic seating material for tight closing
- Synthetic coated metal gaskets minimize external leaks
- Maximum working pressure for the (S)B5D series valves is 650 psi (45 bar), For the (S)8D, (S)12D, and (S)16D it is 450 psi (31 bar) and (S)8D-HP and (S)12D-HP it is 680 psi (47 bar)