How does NEXT Hybrid work?
The NEXT Hybrid water heater features a patented heat transfer process that utilizes a secondary heat exchanger to capture the heated flue gas from the tankless unit and route it back through a buffer tank to extract additional heat. The combined effort of the two technologies creates a superior, more energy-efficient performance.
Conventional water heaters perform well with simultaneous demands because of their stored hot water. However, at times they run out of hot water during long draws because of the lower BTU input. Tankless technology performs well with long draws at steady flow rates. However, due to the lack of storage, they struggle with simultaneous demand from multiple fixtures. Combining the advantages of both technologies, NEXT Hybrid is the best of both worlds!
Combining the best features of tankless and conventional technologies, NEXT Hybrid features:
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: Patented circulation system delivers 90% thermal efficiency, ensuring maximum heat transfer, saving money on operating costs compared to a standard 78% efficient conventional or 84% tankless gas water heaters. Condensing design includes condensate drain trap
- HYBRID TECHNOLOGY:
- Innovative technology that surpasses existing conventional and tankless designs.
- Patented water flow circulation system provides the performance of a tankless unit with extremely quick recovery.
- First hour delivery of 189 gallons of hot water.
- Smaller than a conventional 50-gallon gas water heater, but with twice the hot water delivery.
- Whole-home solution regardless of geography
- IMPROVED HOT WATER DELIVERY:
- Continuous hot water shower after shower when properly sized for your home
- No minimum flow rate for ignition
- No cold water sandwich
- Delivers hot water faster than tankless
- Internal storage easily handles peak demand
- SOPHISTICATED ELECTRONICS:
- User-friendly integrated temperature controller with LED numeric display allows for precise temperature settings
- Multiple Lifestyle Modes - Energy Saver, Vacation and Boost modes allow for simple one-touch customization based on specific hot water needs
- Safety lock feature deters unwanted access
- Error code display for easy troubleshooting
- LOWER INSTALLATION COSTS:
- Utilizes 1/2" gas line standard in most homes today
- Extremely low exhaust temperature enables PVC venting for easier, more economical installations
- Less expensive venting material versus stainless steel venting used with most tankless models
- Hot and cold water connections similar to conventional tank-style models
- POWER VENT DESIGN
- Uses inexpensive PVC, CPVC or ABS pipe for exhaust. Canadian installations require ULCS636 listed PVC or CPVC pipe for venting.
- Can be vented vertically thru-the-roof or horizontally thru-the-wall
- 2" pipe vents up to 50 equivalent feet
- 3" pipe vents up to 100 equivalent feet
- SIX YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY ON HEAT EX CHANGER , TANK AND PARTS