- Single-element, current-limiting fuses provide superior short-circuit protection.
- Protects low interrupting capacity circuit breakers. Limits the short-circuit current to meet the interrupting capacity requirements of existing equipment.
- On older systems available short-circuit current may exceed the interrupting capacity of the circuit breakers, fuses can be installed in series with existing equipment.
- Well suited for lighting and heating circuits and other non-inductive loads.
- Provides component short-circuit protection in compliance with NEC® 110-10, where protection devices shall clear a fault without “extensive damage” to the circuit components.
- High interrupting rating helps meet the requirements of future system expansion and the increases in available utility short-circuit current.
- Fuses can easily be selectively coordinated when sized per published coordination ratios.