Free Shipping This item ships free
Need replacement parts for this unit?
- Rugged, blow-molded case
- Vehicle and wall charging units
- 5 O-rings and 10 replacement filters
- RFE2 9-inch Flex-Probe Extension and RRE2 Rigid Extension Probe
- Operator's manual, quick start operation guide
- Rechargeable, replaceable lithium ion battery (installed)
- Heated diode sensor (uninstalled)
The SRL8 Heated Diode Refrigerant Leak Detector is designed exclusively to make the HVAC/R Technician's job easier, faster, safer and more efficient. The SRL8 comes in kit form in a rugged, blow-mold case with plenty of extras.
The Fieldpiece ergonomic standalone design fits naturally in your hand. The ruggedized construction stands up to abuse most other leak detectors can't handle. The 15-hour battery life lets you work all day and then some before recharging. The included vehicle and wall chargers help you during overtime. The MUTE and ZEROing functions allow you to work the way you want to work. The magnetic hanger helps keep the detector out of the way when repairing a leak, but visible enough so you won't leave it on the job.
How Does It Work?
The SRL8 heated diode refrigerant leak detector triggers on absolute concentration of refrigerant present. Meaning, the closer you get to the leak, the more intensely it will trigger on both the LED display and audio alerts. It zeroes out automatically or can be adjusted manually to zero in on leaks. Simply turn it on, manually or automatically zero, adjust the sensitivity to the desired level and begin testing.
Why Heated Diode technology?
Based on the success of their infrared refrigerant leak detector (model SRL2) and multiple requests from technicians, Fieldpiece decided to develop the best heated diode refrigerant leak detector for HVAC/R. Some technicians like the way heated diode sensors trigger on absolute concentration, meaning the closer you get to the leak, the LEDs and audio alerts increase in frequency because more refrigerant is passing the sensor. The infrared leak detector senses change in refrigerant levels and requires a sweeping motion to pinpoint leaks. IR sensors zero out and stop triggering if kept hovering over a leak.
Advantages Over Other Refrigerant Leak Detectors
- Triggers on all CFCs, HFCs, HCFCs and blends. More sensitive to some refrigerants than others.
- 15-hour rechargeable, user replaceable battery. It lasts almost two full workdays on a single charge (if you're hunting down leaks all day). You can also use it while it's hooked up to the wall or vehicle charger.
- Filter system helps protect the sensor from moisture and other contaminants. The sensor is connected to the body at the other end of the snout. The filter is at the tip of the snout. If you accidentally hit some condensation or oil, the filter swells, shutting off the pull to the sensor and protecting it from failure.
- Manual or automatic zeroing. It auto zeros every two seconds until a leak triggers the sensor. After that you can manually zero the detector to help further pinpoint leaks.
- Up and running in 30 seconds. Some heated elements and corona discharge units take much more time to warm up. UV dyes can take several hours to travel through a running system and can degrade system components.
SRL8 - Designed for HVACR
- Three sensitivity levels from 6.6oz/yr to <0.1oz/yr. Meets new SAE standards.
- Rugged / Ergonomic Features. Ruggedized boot and it fits in your hand.
- Heated Diode Sensor lasts up to 5 years (depending on use and exposure).
- Audible/Visual Alarm. Turn the beep on or off - you decide.
- 15-hour Battery Charge. Work all day and all night on one charge.
- Battery life check. See how much charge you have left by looking at the LED display.
- Non-conductive, Sturdy Probe. Stays where you want it.
- LED and Audio alerts. Find leaks in noisy environments.
- Mute: Turn off the sound when you don't want anyone to hear what you're doing.
- Magnetic Hanger. Hang the unit while you repair the leak.
- Weighs 14-oz. Tough doesn't have to mean heavy.
11 Product Reviews
This item is cost-prohibitive to ship on its own but is available to ship with orders over $200.
Why don't we show the price of this item?
We try to always offer you the lowest prices possible, but some manufacturers require that we only show these low prices once you take further action.
To see the price, simply add the item to your cart or sign in.