Delay on Break Timers ("anti-short cycle", "ON delay on break") helps to protect air conditioning, refrigeration and heat pump equipment from damage which may be caused by the rapid short cycling of compressors.
- Brownout protection
- UL 873 recognition as compressor controller
- Helps prevent scroll compressor reversal
- 3-10 minute adjustable time delay
- Fast response time: 16ms
- Prevents low voltage starts
- Eliminates relay chatter due to thermostat bounce or tampering
- Works with anticipator-type thermostats
Patented: US Parent No. 4,991,049
Mode of Operation - Upon application power, the load is energized. When the thermostat or other switch opens or there is a loss of power, the load is de-energized and the delay period begins. The compressor will not start again during the delay period. Restart occurs after the delay period has elapsed.