- CONNECTION SIZE: 1/2" ODF
- PORT CONNECTION: 3/16"
- APPLICATION TYPE: Normally Closed
- COIL TYPE: MKC-1
- SOLENOID OPTION: High Pressure
- CONNECTION 1 STYLE: Solder
- CONNECTION 2 STYLE: ODF X ODF
- ADDITIONAL OPTIONS: Manual Lift Stem
- MOUNTING HOLES: Not Provided
- SERIES TYPE: ME6
The Sporlan Type A, B and E series solenoid valves are provided as two basic types of solenoid valves. The most common is the normally-closed type, in which the valve opens when the coil is energized, and closes when the coil is de-energized. The other type is the normally-open valve which opens when the coil is de-energized and closes when the coil is energized. The valves are brass forged or brass bar stock. The E series has extended copper connections. For Air Conditioning or refrigeration applications it is important to use system capacity, refrigerant, type of fluid, temperature and pressures. It is not recommended to size by line size. Refer to literature or selection program for capacity data. Each valve is factory tested to ensure positive leak-free performance.
Types B6 and E6 Series are compact solenoid valves with pilot operated disc construction for refrigeration and air conditioning. These valves may be mounted horizontally, on their side or in a vertical line. They are suitable for suction line service because very low pressure differential, 1 psi, is required for full operation.
The Type E6 series solenoid valves feature extended solder type connections as standard. One important benefit to the user is that all valves in the “E6” series can be installed without disassembly using either low or no silver content brazing alloy.
- Class F coils
- E series has extended copper connections. Disassembly for installation is unnecessary
- Synthetic seating material for tight closing
- Synthetic coated metal gaskets minimize external leaks
- Maximum working pressure for the non high pressure (-HP) valves is 500 psi (34.5 bar), For the high pressure (–HP) E2-HP thru E10S1-HP valves 1,015 psi (70 bar) and E14-HP thru E43-HP 700 psi (48 bar)