Variable Speed Zebra - Advanced ECM Motor Diagnostic Tool SystemVZ-7 Variable Speed Zebra - Advanced ECM Motor Diagnostic Tool System
Free Shipping This item ships free
Need replacement parts for this unit?
Variable Speed Zebra, The VZ-7 is a microprocessor-controlled diagnostic tool that performs sophisticated testing with only 4 switches.
Many techs have some confusion about ECM motors and systems - and no wonder - with as many as 21 wires going to these new motors, you can't just use a voltmeter anymore for proper diagnosis.
"The prior generation of tools can help, but fall far short of giving the tech complete information on why a system isn't operating correctly."
The VZ-7 is a microprocessor-controlled diagnostic tool that performs sophisticated testing with only 4 switches. With it, a tech will be able to:
- Visually monitor signal calls from the furnace/air handler circuit boards.
- Interrupt those signals and send the motor any signals you desire, to observe motor operation.
- Get a visual display of motor RPM and the calculated CFM (on most systems).
- Get a visual readout of all 4 system "taps". These selections help set up a system correctly.
- Get a direct readout of the control voltage in the motor (low voltage here causes erratic operation).
- And finally, IF a problem is traced to the motor, one switch press starts an automatic analysis to clearly indicate if the problem is in the motor's electronics, or one of 7 possible winding problems.
- Microprocessor controlled, but easy-to-use; only 4 switches
- Rugged case with carry handle and lead storage compartment
- Full-Color sleeve with point-of-purchase information
- Quick-reference card bonded to inside lid of case
- Package Weight: 2.2 lbs each
- Standard Carton: 4 or 12 pieces
- One year limited warranty
How can we improve this page? Let us know
This item is cost-prohibitive to ship on its own but is available to ship with orders over $200.
Why don't we show the price of this item?
We try to always offer you the lowest prices possible, but some manufacturers require that we only show these low prices once you take further action.
To see the price, simply add the item to your cart or sign in.