The Voltex Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heater is an integrated system that utilizes heat pump technology to provide a more efficient way to heat water with electricity. The Voltex pulls heat from the surrounding air and deposits the heat into the tank. The end result is very efficient production of hot water, with cooler and dehumidified air as a welcome by-product.
Over twice as efficient as a standard electric water heater and
easy to install, the Voltex more than lives up to its impressive
reputation. With flexible operation modes, this is a water
heater designed to work in many different applications.
Water heaters typically use more energy than most other household appliances. On average, they use more energy than a household's refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer and dryer combined. The great news is that the Voltex has been
designed to dramatically decrease the cost of operation. In fact, the Voltex can translate into quite significant savings for the homeowner over the course of its lifespan. Just how significant? With its 2.3 EF rating (compared to an average
.93 -.95 EF rating of a standard electric model), this innovative water heater can cut annual operating costs by more than half.
The Voltex Hybrid Electric Heat Pump Water Heater can be effectively used in all areas of the U.S. Based on the location, either or both of the heating components - heat pump and traditional heating elements - will operate for optimal
How does it work?
- Absorbs ambient heat from the surrounding air to heat water using a compressor and environmentally friendly R134a refrigerant
- Self-contained heat pump unit is integrated into the top of the tank
- Multiple modes of operation allow flexibility for different hot water needs
- INCREASED STORAGE ENHANCES EFFICIENCY: The high capacity tank enables the heat pump to operate more frequently instead of the elements. This provides higher energy efficiency and lower operating costs, saving money for the
home-owner. Additional storage facilitates heat
pump performance even in cooler climates.
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: 2.3 Energy Factor conserves energy and meets Energy Star ® requirements
- CHOICE OF OPERATING MODES: Select from Efficiency, Hybrid, or conventional Electric modes to match heating requirements to environmental conditions. Hybrid mode automatically adjusts between compressor and
element, depending upon heat requirements. Vacation mode
protects system components from freeze damage.
- BACKUP ELECTRIC ELEMENTS: Long-lasting incoloy heating elements, 240V/2000W lower and 240V/4500W
upper, helps heat water when in conventional Electric or Hybrid modes.
- ELECTRONIC USER INTERFACE: User friendly electronic control module designed for easy interaction. Large LCD temperature display shows temperature in °F or °C, operating
conditions, and service messages in easy to read format.
Backlit mode buttons, safety lock to deter unwanted access and three-line display communicates current status and error
messages when applicable.
- POWERED ANODE: A powered anode is installed to protect
the tank from corrosion and eliminate the service requirements of a conventional anode rod.
- DEHUMIDIFICATION: Ideal for basements, the compressor
transfers heat to your water while dehumidifying the ambient air. Washable heat pump filter is easily removed for routine cleaning.
- TEN YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
- Qualifies for 2010 FEDERAL Tax Credit of up to $1,500