PrepPRO eliminates the need to carry multiple prep tools and make blade or tool adjustments based on coax type. The primary coax cartridge (grey) will prepare coax cables with a 1/4" x 1/4" strip on large RG-6 Quad shield down to to RG-59 plenum. Fixed blade heights and an optimized design cleanly cut through the cables in as few as two spins of the tool. The spring loaded jaw design provides continual balanced forces necessary to cut a variety of cables clean and fast. Blade forces will not relax over time as is common in other types of prep tools.
The contoured body with spinner ring fits into pockets and can clip on to clothing during work. The flat side profile pervents the tool from getting stuck in pouches. The lever can be actuated by thumb or palm grip as preferred by the user. Reinforced blade cartridges are designed to enable users to“prep and pull“ - using the tool to remove the cable slugs if desired. A secondary chamber stores spare cartridges. Included with the PrepPRO is a UTP/STP cartridge for removing the outer jacket of twisted pair cabling - CAT3/5e/6.
- 1/4" x 1/4" industry standard coax preparation strip lengths
- Works on RG-6/RG-6 Quad/RG-59/RG-59 Quad/RG-6 Plenum coax cables
- Includes Coax (gray) and UTP/STP (blue) cartridges
- Supportive spring loaded force for consistent cutting depths
- Interchangable/Replaceable blade cartridges
- Compact design saves tool pouch space
- Recommended prep tool for ALL IDEAL RG6/59 series compression products