These compact but powerful direct-coupled ControlSet® actuators provide two-position, tri-state, or proportional control for dampers or valves in HVAC systems. Efficient, durable, capacitor-driven fail-safe with switch-selectable direction provides consistent torque in both powered and fail-safe modes. A patent-pending noise reducer provides whisper-quiet operation in both modes. A minimum torque of 25 (MEP-42xx), 45 (MEP-45xx), or 90 (MEP-49xx) in-lb. is available over the 95° angular rotation.
MEP-4xx2 proportional models accept a 2–10 VDC control signal input from a thermostat, controller, or building automation system. “Anti-jitter” circuitry significantly reduces hunting and needless wear (from unnecessary miniscule position changes caused by undamped analog input signals) on the actuator, valve, or damper components. A user-initiated, auto-mapping feature provides more precise equipment control by reassigning the 2–10 VDC input signal range over a reduced rotation range. These models also feature a switch-selectable, 1–5 or 2–10 VDC voltage feedback output that is proportional to the actuator position.
All actuators mount directly to 1/4- to 5/8-inch (6 to 16 mm) round shafts or 1/4- to 7/16-inch (6 to 11 mm) square shafts, eliminating the need for expensive and complicated linkages. A non-rotation bracket, to prevent lateral movement, is included with each actuator. A gear disengagement button allows easy manual positioning of the actuator.
- Efficient, durable, capacitor-driven fail-safe option with switch-selectable direction provides consistent torque in both powered and fail-safe modes
- The fail-safe option, on proportional and tri-state models, can be turned off temporarily for testing purposes or permanently if desired
- Proportional models include “anti-jitter” circuitry, optional auto-mapping of the full input signal range over a reduced actuator stroke, and switchselectable 1–5 or 2–10 VDC feedback
- Connections are made on either fixed terminals that accept 12–26 AWG wiring or prewired 3-foot, 18 AWG cable(s) range over a reduced actuator stroke, and switchselectable 1–5 or 2–10 VDC feedback
- Direct mounting to standard shaft sizes, gear disengagement button, and adjustable mechanical end stop
Note: Image may not be actual representation of item.