The LFN9-CD is designed to prevent high hazard backsiphonage backflow and low-head backpressure (10ft. or less) from contaminating the potable water supply. The LFN9-CD is ideally suited to prevent backflow associated with hose connections and may be screwed directly to the sill cock, yard hydrant or wall hydrant. Typical installations include service sinks, chemical dispensers, sill cocks and frost proof hydrants.
Watts LFN9-CD features include two independently operating rubber and stainless steel check valves with an atmospheric vent located between the check valves. In the event of fouling of the downstream check valve, leakage would be vented to atmosphere, thereby, providing a visual indication of failure. The integrity of the check valves can also be verified by performing the field test procedure included with the LFN9-CD. The LFN9- CD features Lead Free* construction to comply with the Lead Free installation requirements.
- Exclusive "Non-removable" design eliminates the need for break-away set screw
- Center-guided check valves for repeatable seating
- In-line field testable - no special gauges required
- Manually drainable for freeze protection
- Durable brass body with stainless steel checks for corrosion resistance
- Streamlined design for low pressure drop
- Can be installed vertically or horizontally
- Positive backsiphonage protection
- Maximum Pressure: 125psi (8.6 bar)