Monstrous 1000" roll! Color coded yellow for easy identification by
gas companies worldwide.
Blue Monster Gas Guard PTFE thread sealing
tape is designed specifically for gas lines.
This is a full or maximum-density thread
sealing tape. Blue Monster Gas
Guard tape is approved by relevant
authorities and used by the gas
industry world-wide. It’s color-coded
yellow so fitters and inspectors can easily recognize it as
an approved tape. Ideally suited for natural gas, propane
and butane lines. Use on pipe made from galvanized
steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel,
polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS and fiber-
glass. Do not use Blue Monster Gas Guard Thread Seal
Tape on oxygen systems.
- Composition: 99.0% PTFE <1.0% Pigment
- Color: Yellow
- Thickness: 0.004" +/-10% (0.102mm +/-10%)
- Density: 1.5g/cm3 +/-10%
- Elongation: >100%
- Temperature range: -450°F to +500°F (-268°C to +260°C) PTFE is completely stable up to +500°F or +260°C. Decomposition is slow up to 750°F or 400°C. Decomposition will occur on contact with naked flames.
- Tensile strength: 10-17N/mm2
- Certified to comply with the provisions of MilSpec T-27730A, UL-listed,