Blue Monster is not too thick and not too thin. It was developed by Mill-Rose in response to the demand for a higher-quality PTFE sealing tape that is easier to apply. It's rugged and has not been stretched during the manufacturing process, so it is thicker and creates a more effective seal with less tape, and no need for pipe dope.
Blue Monster thread sealing tape is manufactured from PTFE resin, a polymer consisting of recurring tetrafluoroethylene monomers whose formula is (CF2-CF2)n. It is inert and compatible with a very wide range of materials. Use Blue Monster on threads made from galvanized steel, iron, brass, copper, aluminum, stainless steel, polyethylene, polypropylene, PVC, CPVC, ABS, fiberglass and more.
- 99.6% PTFE < 0.4%
- Pigment Color: Green
- Length: 1429"
- Thickness: 0.004” +/- 10% (.102mm +/- 10%)
- Density 1.5g/cm3 +/- 10%
- Elongation: >100%
- Tensile Strength: 15N/ mm2
- Compatible w/ a broad range of gasses, liquids and piping materials (will not harden or crack on the joints).
- Effective across a broad range of temperatures and pressures
- Acts as a thread lubricant and anti-seize
- Prevents electrolytic corrosion of threads
- No curing time
- Unlimited shelf life
- Non-flammable and non-toxic