The EZ Ultra HE is our first Condensing model. By using the exhaust gases to preheat the inlet water, the EZ Ultra reaches efficiencies pushing upwards of 92%.
The addition of the condensing heat exchanger allows for the capture and draining of the acidic condensation that prevented vertical venting of our direct vent models.
With the low temp exhaust gases due to the condensing heat exchanger, this unit can be vented using Solid Core Schedule 40 PVC/CPVC pipe. This allows for vertical or horizontal venting wth a maximum length of 30ft of vent pipe.
EZ Ultra - Features and Benefits
- Condensing Technology - Unit uses exhaust gas to preheat incoming water for added efficiency.
- EZ tankless heaters are designed for the typical American home. Affordable, easy to install, and efficient. An EZ Tankless heater can eliminate a large portion of your home's stand-by energy loss which saves precious energy and money.
- This heater can be vented horizontally or vertically.
- Unit can be vented using 2" Solid Core Schedule 40 PVC/CPVC
- Anti-Back Draft Vent Device included.
- Stainless Steel Horizontal Vent Pipe is included.
- Extensively tested in our USA laboratory and in our own homes, this model delivers up to 3.4 gallons per minute (at a 45F temperature rise) of consistent and continuous hot water. This unit is an excellent choice for conservative minded persons living in homes with one or two baths.
- Fully-automatic operation. Simply turn on the water spigot or shower, hot water will arrive in a few moments. After the tap is turned off, the tankless heater will automatically extinguish itself.
- Key Touch water temperature settings and on-off switch with easy to understand advanced technology display.
- Fully automatic temperature modulation. Once desired outlet temperature is set, the unit will modulate the gas, fan, and water flow to keep the outlet temperature constant.
- Aesthetically pleasing and simple design features make this unit easy to use and install as well as unobtrusive if located within view of working or living spaces.
- Electronic control system via computer chip is advanced and extremely reliable. This "No pilot light" design is safe and convenient, using automatic ignition to further your energy savings.
- Featuring a precise and safe water flow sensor to stabilize the exit water flow.
- If the water supply is interrupted, the gas valve will automatically turn off.
- High thermal efficiency and superb combustion performance.
- Low water pressure ignition. The heater can function at 8 PSI water pressure. Making this unit suitable for users living at high altitude or those using well water with older or less powerful pumping systems.
- Automatic adjustment of the gas supply and exhaust fan rpm coordinated with the water temperature setting and available water volume, saves even more gas and water.
- Implementing the latest in Advanced Intelligence (AI) design, when restarting, the computer system automatically remembers the temperature settings entered at last use instead of resetting.
Easy to use key touch controls can preset the desired water temperature before use, making this unit more convenient. (For your reference, normal bath water temperature is about 105°F.)
The Horizontal Stainless Steel Vent Pipe (top) and the Anti-Back Draft Vent Device (bottom) are included with purchase.
*The horizontal stainless steel vent pipe is included, though it is not required as this unit can be vented using solid core schedule 40 PVC/CPVC vent pipe vertically or horizontally.
**The Anti-Back Draft vent device is required for both horizontal and vertical venting in regions that experience freezing temperatures.