Product Support Representative (Melville)
SupplyHouse.com's Customer Service Department seeks help answering technical questions regarding plumbing, heating, and HVAC products. No prior technical knowledge or experience in the industry is required! Intensive training will be given and product training classes will be conducted at various times throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be comfortable speaking to customers and self-motivated. Prior customer service experience is not required. If you are motivated and want to start a career with a rapidly growing company, we want you to apply!
This is a fully remote-based role. However, our offices are always available for staff to use as much as desired.
Role Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Location: Remote, New York City Metropolitan Area
Salary: $45,000/year ($21.63/hour)
- Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Sunday, 9:00AM - 6:00PM and Monday - Thursday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- Saturday & Sunday, 9:00AM - 6:00PM and Monday - Wednesday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM
*Weekend Bonus*: Employees will be paid an additional $4 per hour for any hours worked on Saturdays and Sundays.
The Day to Day:
- Answering phones in a friendly and professional manner
- Responding to product related questions from customers both over the phone and via email
- Communicating with suppliers and manufacturers in order to obtain accurate product information
- Following up with customers to ensure they receive accurate information in a timely manner
- Assisting customer service representatives with product related questions
- Attending product training classes
- Placing customer orders
- Setting up customer returns
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to remain calm during escalated situations
- Independent and thorough decision making
What's Important to us:
- Positive Attitude – We work in close quarters where attitudes are contagious
- GRIT – Our 5 new core values! (Generosity, Respect, Innovation, Teamwork and Grit).
- Education – Associates/Bachelor's degrees preferred or High School Diploma with 2 years of Customer Service experience
- We have awesome benefits – 401k with company match, 100% company-paid medical insurance options, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, and sick days. Our office is also equipped with an on-site gym, nap room, and meditation room.
- Flexible work scheduling – Many roles at SupplyHouse are remote-based, and we provide some flexibility with work hours depending on the needs of your role and team.
- We give back - We provide many opportunities to help our local communities, with both structured and informal ways to get involved.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously – We have a casual dress code, a pet-friendly office, and demonstrate respect to our colleagues, partners, and customers.
- We have fun – We have a pool table, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. We have monthly team building events. And we’re constantly icebreaking each other over Zoom. Look out for our movie nights, bowling leagues, and more!
Check us out! https://www.supplyhouse.com/our-company
Human Resources Administrator (Cranbury)
SupplyHouse.com, a successful e-commerce heating, plumbing, and HVAC supply company, is seeking a Human Resources Administrator to add to our HR Team in our Cranbury, NJ location! This individual will be responsible for supporting core HR functions and crafting the employee experience. If you have a passion for people, principles, and processes, we’d love to hear from you!
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Job Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (30 minute lunch break)
- Assist in the whole recruiting process including, but not limited to: Reviewing resumes, phone screening, and interviewing
- Run background checks and call references
- Support the HR department in additional areas as needed by assisting with:
- Preparing, distributing, and processing new hire paperwork
- Administrative activities related to employee benefits, including health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance and employee leave management
- Maintaining accurate employee time cards and information in order to ensure accurate payroll processing
- Answering employee questions regarding any payroll or benefits inquiries and effectively handle all issues in a confidential and timely manner
- Ensuring compliance with labor regulations
- Coordinating engagement and culture initiatives for employees
- All other responsibilities as assigned by the SupplyHouse Leadership Team
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous administrative experience
- Previous experience with processing payroll and managing benefits (ex. Health insurance/401(k)) is a plus!
- Previous experience with an HRIS (Ex. Paylocity) and/or Applicant Tracking System (Ex. Workable) is a plus!
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Willingness to help wherever needed and comfortable with ambiguity
- Flexibility; ability to deal with unexpected challenges quickly, calmly, and efficiently
- Benefits – 401k with company match, great medical, dental, and vision insurance, and life insurance.
- Paid Time Off – Vacation days, sick days, and six paid holidays throughout the year.
- Casual Dress Code – Think jeans and a t-shirt!
- Teamwork Environment – Team building events and employee care packages once a month.