Full Stack Developer (Melville)
Our website has come a long way since we first started the company back in 2004. We couldn't have done this without our talented programming team. If you love coding, this is the job for you!
- Participating in all phases of software development: requirements, design, construction, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Implementing user-friendly front-end functionalities for our shopping site
- Developing applications to support company internal operations
- Ensuring system reliability and optimizing performance
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, algorithms, and software engineering
- Familiarity with web application development, preferably with Java frameworks such as Spring, Struts, Hibernate, etc.
- Health insurance — 100% employee coverage after 1 month of employment
- Dental, vision, and 401K plans available
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Meals —we provide breakfast on Wednesdays, lunch on Mondays & Fridays and snacks in our stocked kitchen!
- Casual dress code
- Pet friendly office
- Ability to work with a great team!
Linux System Administrator (Melville)
SupplyHouse.com is looking for a Linux Administrator to help us setup and maintain our local and production environments, network topology and enforce systems security policies. The ideal candidate will have a 4-year college degree, a strong technical background, and excellent communication skills.
- Setting up and managing Linux systems and environments complying with security standards.
- Apache web server administration and configuration.
- Implements Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and manages renewal schedule.
- Maintains High Availability infrastructure ensuring security compliances and high level performance while minimizing service interruption.
- Maintains MySQL and Oracle databases.
- Provide network systems securities through policy enforcement and monitoring access.
- Assists in the design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS etc.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the basics behind the internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.).
- Configure and setup firewalls, VPN connections, FTP/FTPS servers and security appliances for access to vital business applications.
- Knowledge/awareness of PCI Compliance security standards and best practices.
- Troubleshoots network hardware and software applications, OS upgrades, and security systems to resolve operational issues and to restore services.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS/IT/Computer Science
- Strong working knowledge with installing and configuring Apache Web Server and MySQL/Oracle.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and IP Networking, IP Networks and Protocols, hardware issue troubleshooting, and maintaining enterprise software tools.
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and network hardware (routers, switches, firewalls)
- Experience of command line interfaces (Windows/Mac Cisco).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Food, lots of it– We have a fully stocked kitchen, breakfast Wednesdays and lunch Mondays & Fridays.
- Full Benefits– 401k, great medical, dental, & vision, life insurance, nap room
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously– think jeans and a t-shirt and bring your dog Rufus
- We have fun– We have pool, air hockey, ping pong, and a basketball court in the office. Look out for our movie nights and bowling.
- We give back– We have events throughout the year to do our part in the community