Last Modified: 5/22/23
- When you visit or otherwise use our website www.supplyhouse.com.
- When you visit or otherwise use our mobile applications, including:
- When you interact with us through email, text and/or other electronic messages
Table of Contents
- Information We Collect
- How We Collect Your Information
- How We Use Your Information
- Children's Information
- Sharing of Information with Third Parties
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Your Choices Regarding Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Visitors From Outside of the United States
- How We Protect Your Information
- How to Contact Us
Information We Collect
The following generally describes the type of information we may collect about you.
Information Provided by You. We collect information directly provided by you (which may be obtained when you place an order, from emails, as part of registration, web forms or in other manners), including, without limitation, the following:
- contact information and shipping information, such as first name, last name, telephone number, email address, and physical address;
- payment information, such as billing address, credit card number, expiration date, cvv, first and last name, and phone number;
- account information, such as email address, user ID, and password;
- company information, such as company name, company address, number of employees, license number;
- geolocation information, such as your zip code and non-precise geolocation.
- copies of chat logs containing your conversations with us;
- recordings of our customer service communications and calls, including metadata;
- videos and other digital media submitted, such as product review videos;
- your ordering preferences;
- information you submit to us through email;
- text typed into and/or submitted through search bars and/or other forums;
- information you submit through our surveys, or when you otherwise provide us your feedback;
- information regarding your tax exemption status; and
- employment information that you decide to submit when you apply for a job, such as resume, contact information, etc.
This includes information provided at the time of registering for an account on our website and/or mobile app, applying for a job, placing an order, subscribing to our mailing list, responding to a customer survey, posting a review, or requesting customer service. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you report a problem with our Site.
Content You Share. You may be able to post information and materials publicly, for example, in product reviews and other similar forums (collectively, "Public Forums"). If you post any information in our Public Forums, it will be deemed public information and available to the general public. Please do not post any personally identifiable information in our Public Forums. If you do post personally identifiable information, you do so at your own risk.
General Browsing. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our website and/or mobile app, including mouse clicks, mouse movement, page scrolling, content you view, the date and time that you viewed the content, the products you purchase, location data, referring URLs, search terms used to reach our website, other communication data, and the resources that you use to access and use our website and/or mobile app.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Improve the quality of the Site by recognizing and delivering more of the features, areas, and services our visitors prefer.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
Online Shopping. When you order products from the website or mobile app, we will collect the information necessary to complete your order, such as your name, email address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card number, expiration date and security code) and billing address. You may also provide us with other information that you might submit. If you create an account, we will collect information about your purchases and payment methods, as well as the shipping addresses that you add to your account, in order to make future shopping experiences faster and more convenient.
Social Media. We may monitor social media or review sites, and collect information posted in comments or reviews. When you post information on social media pages owned or controlled by us, we may collect information about your activities on those pages, including whether you visited or commented on the page, or provided a rating or review.
Telephonic Shopping and Customer Support. You may contact our customer support for assistance, such as getting information and advice regarding using our Site, etc. If you do so, we may record the session, the chat logs, and/or may ask you for information such as your name, email address, postal address, and telephone number. We use this information to respond to your requests.
How We Collect Your Information
We collect information in three primary ways:
- You Give Us Information: We collect information from you when you submit it to us through our Site, other digital media, over the phone, and/or through chat.
We also may use various technologies to collect information about you, including:
- "Do Not Track" Signals. Some web browsers have "Do Not Track" or similar features that allow you to tell each website you visit that you do not want your activities on that website tracked. At present, we do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals and consequently, will continue to collect information about you even if your browser's "Do Not Track" feature is activated. To learn more about DNT signals, please see http://allaboutdnt.com.
- Server Logs and Widgets. A web "server log" is a record of activity created by a computer that delivers certain content to your browser. Certain activities that you perform on our Site may record information in server logs, such as if you enter a search term into a search box located on the website and/or mobile app. The server log may record the search term(s), or the link you clicked on to bring you to our website. The server log may also record information about your browser, such as your IP address, type of operating system and the cookies set on your browser.
A "widget" is generally an application that can be embedded in a webpage. Widgets can provide real-time information to the webpage. Widgets are often provided by third-parties and we may provide widgets on our website and/or mobile app. Widgets may enable the third-parties that provide them to collect data about users visiting the website and/or using our mobile app.
- Search Queries on Our Website. We may provide you with options to search for products and information on our website and/or mobile app. If you enter information in a search query box, we may store that information and we may aggregate that information with other information we may have about the browser and/or IP address from which the search query originated.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect in a variety of ways. We collect information from you because it helps us to provide, improve and deliver our products and services. Specifically, we use the information we collect:
- To Provide our Services. For many business purposes, such as to: (i) provide the products you may order, including processing, shipping and tracking orders and returns; (ii) analyze trends and conduct research about improving our products and services; (iii) provide support and respond to questions from customers and Site visitors; (iv) improve our Site, products and/or services; (v) learn about customers' needs; (vi) contact consumers for research, informational, and marketing purposes, including customizing our product recommendations and promotions to you based upon your information and purchases; (vii) track traffic patterns and website/app usage; and (viii) enable online ordering and provide customer service with respect to such orders;
When permitted by law, we may also use your personally identifiable information to contact you in ways other than email or regular mail, such as via telephone contact, facsimile or text message. When you opt-in, we may provide you with informational text messages regarding the status of your order.
- To Market to You. To send you promotional, advertising and other marketing materials or communications from us or our agents; serve you advertisements; and provide you with more relevant advertisements (referred to as "Retargeting"). We may correlate your information with other commercially available information to identify demographics and preferences to assist us in our marketing efforts; and provide specific relevant marketing, promotional, or other information to you. We may also share information about you with our data partners and advertising platforms to aid in increasing the relevance of our ads to you.
- To Improve our Business. To help us design and deliver our Site, including but not limited to, as part of our network's functionality, engineering activities, and troubleshooting.
- As part of Business Transfers. In the event that we: (i) are subject to negotiations for the sale of our business or part thereof to a third party; (ii) are sold to a third party; or (iii) undergo a re-organization, we may need to transfer some or all of your information to the relevant third party (or its advisors) as part of any due diligence process for the purpose of analyzing any proposed sale or re-organization. We may also need to transfer your information to that re-organized entity or third party after the sale or reorganization for them to use for the same purposes as set out in this policy.
- To Comply With the Law and Our Legal Obligations. To investigate claims and/or legal actions, violations of law or agreements, and as part of complying with relevant applicable laws and legal process. For example, we may disclose your information in order to comply with or respond to a request or requirement pursuant to law or regulation, or from a governmental or judicial body, or to help prevent fraud or for risk management purposes.
- To Protect Ourselves and Our Customers. To the extent necessary to detect, block, report and mitigate cyber-threats, improve our network and information security, and in order to prevent or detect fraud. Network and information security means the ability of a network or of an information system to resist events, attacks or unlawful or malicious actions that could compromise the availability, authenticity, integrity and confidentiality of stored or transmitted data, or the security of the related services offered by, or accessible via those networks and systems.
We may use your information to cooperate with police and other governmental authorities, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors to the website, users of our mobile app, or the public.
We recognize the importance of children's safety and privacy. The Site is not designed to attract children, and is not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13. In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act ("COPPA"), we do not request or collect any personally identifiable information ("PII") from anyone who we know to be under the age of 13, nor do we knowingly sell or ship any items ordered through the Site directly to anyone under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you should not register with, order or purchase from, or provide information to or from, us. If we become aware that a user of our Site is under the age of 13 and has provided an online registration or other PII without prior verifiable parental consent, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to delete such information from our files and not to use such information for any purpose (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or others as required or allowed by law). We ask all parents and legal guardians to assist us in our efforts to comply with COPPA by prohibiting children under the age of 13 from providing us with any of their PII or using the Site without parental oversight and assistance. If you have knowledge or become aware that a child under the age of 13 has submitted PII to us, please contact us and we will remove that child's PII from our files. If you are under the age of 18, you should use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian and should not submit any PII to us.
Sharing of Information with Third Parties
- Email Marketing Services Providers. Business entities that provide email address management and communication contact services;
- Information Technology Service Providers. Network equipment and application management providers and hosting entities;
- Payment Processing Companies and Related Financial Institutions. Credit and debit card payment gateways and processors; the issuing and acquiring banks involved in the funds settlement procedures necessary to charge your cards or financial accounts;
- Shipping Providers. We may share your information with certain providers in order to have our products delivered to you;
- Legal and Investigator Service Providers. We may share your information with judicial, administrative, legal, financial and/or accounting providers, and related government entities and adverse parties. Some instances where this may occur, include, but are not limited to: if we are required to respond to civil and/or criminal investigations, claims and/or lawsuits, or if we are subject to judicial or administrative process (such as a subpoena) to release your information or to prosecute or defend legal actions, and as we believe is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Business/Asset Purchasers. In the event that we: (i) are subject to negotiations for the sale of our business or part thereof to a third party; (ii) are sold to a third party; or (iii) undergo a re-organization, we may need to transfer some or all of your information to the relevant third party (or its advisors) as part of any due diligence process for the purpose of analyzing any proposed sale or re-organization. We may also need to transfer your information to that re-organized entity or third party after the sale or reorganization for them to use for the same purposes as set out in this policy.
- We use a customer service management platform to provide call-in support for our customers. As part of your interaction with our Site, this platform may access various kinds of information related to providing you with customer service (e.g., your phone number, a recording of your calls, video calls, etc.), including but not limited to, through tracking technologies that show how you interact with our Site.
- We use an email management and advertising service to provide you with alerts regarding our products and services. This service may use your information to assist us with customizing our marketing strategies and marketing content to you, including determining when our emails are received and/or read by you. You can opt out of these email communications via the "unsubscribe from this list" link at the bottom of each email or by contacting us as provided in the Your Choices Regarding Your Information section below.
- We use an applicant tracking system and recruitment software that allows us to manage our recruiting and hiring processes. Namely, if you respond to a job posting, your information will be submitted and automatically processed by this tracking system on our behalf.
- We use a behavioral analytics platform that allows us to better understand user behavior for product intelligence related to our Site. This platform analyzes various types of information, such as your IP Address, name, email and non-precise geographic location; browser and device information; the pages you view and buttons you click; and sales information (e.g., the items you buy and your order total) to determine, among other things, the features that are most used, elements of the Site that may be causing problems (if any), who is using our Site, and how they are using the Site.
- We use a customer data platform to analyze how users interact with our Site and allow that platform to serve you personalized advertisements. The platform analyzes various types of information, such as your IP Address, name, email and non-precise geographic location; browser and device information; the pages you view and buttons you click; and sales information (e.g., the items you buy and your order total), and places cookies on your computer when you visit the Site, which cookies are used to collect usage statistics, evaluate your use of the Site, compile reports on Site activity, and provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
- We use an experimentation platform that helps us test different versions of our Site to help us gauge the effectiveness of our Site. The platform collects and analyzes various types of information, such as your IP Address, device ID, browser and operating system type/version, time stamps of events (e.g., when you visited our Site), device type, and any information you submit to us through the platform. The platform analyzes various types of information, such as the pages you view and buttons you click, conversions, and sign ups.
- We use a customer content management platform that allows us to collect, display and analyze different forms of user-generated content on our Site (such as user reviews). We utilize this platform to organize, analyze and optimize large volumes of customer product ratings and reviews and other user content that you submit through our Site and/or our social media accounts, which may be used for advertising purposes and/or posted on publicly-facing websites. In addition, the platform collects and analyzes various types of information, such as your name, email address, phone number, demographic information, IP Address, referring URL, and the time you interacted with the platform. Further, the platform uses tracking technologies such as cookies and web beacons, and may use the information it collects to improve its products, and to perform benchmarking, sentiment analysis, and behavioral advertising.
- We use a life-cycle engagement platform to personalize and automate marketing campaigns through messaging (e.g., email, SMS, mobile and web push notifications, and in-app/in-browser messaging). The platform analyzes various kinds of customer data and uses tracking technologies to help us deliver personalized communications.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to analyze how users interact with our Site and allow Google to serve you personalized advertisements (see below). Google Analytics collects your IP address and places cookies on your computer when you visit the Site, which cookies are used to collect usage statistics, evaluate your use of the Site, compile reports on Site activity, and provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage. To learn more about Google's use of the data it collects, please visit: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
- Microsoft Ads. Microsoft Ads is an advertising platform which provides advertising, including, where applicable, retargeting and conversions, through various Microsoft online properties (e.g., Bing). Microsoft collects and/or receives various kinds of information about you through Microsoft online properties, apps, and through other technology like our tags, pixels, or other unique tracking codes and/or from us as part of your use of the Site. For more information on the types of information Microsoft collects and its privacy practices, please visit: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement.
We also maintain presences on social media platforms, including Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
By your own actions, you may also be able to share personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information with third parties through our Site, such as when you:
- Post Information. You may be able to post information and materials publicly, for example, in product reviews and other similar forums (collectively, "Public Forums"). If you post any information in our Public Forums, it will be deemed public information and available to the general public. Please do not post any personally identifiable information our Public Forums. If you do post personally identifiable information, you do so at your own risk.
Links to Third Party Websites
For your convenience, our Site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, advertising, products, or the content of such other websites. None of the links should be deemed to imply that we endorse or have any affiliation with the third party websites being linked to.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
If you do not consent to the way in which we may use your personal information, please do not submit any personal information to us.
Opt-Out of Email Promotions. If you do not wish to receive emails about special offers and other promotions from us, click the unsubscribe link located in our emails.
Opt-Out of Text Notifications. By subscribing to SupplyHouse's text notifications, you agree to receive automated marketing text messages from us about our products and services at the phone number you provided when you subscribed, and that the messages may be sent via automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Message frequency is recurring. Consent is not a condition of purchase. Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP to optout and HELP for customer support. You may receive an additional text message confirming your decision to opt-out. You understand and agree that attempting to opt-out by any means other than texting the opt-out commands above is not a reasonable means of opting out.
Updating Your Information. We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. If you would like to change your contact information, please login to your account here.
You may also contact us, as provided below, to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete all your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us as provided below.
You can limit third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website, located here: www.networkadvertising.org.
To learn more about interest-based advertising or to "opt-out" of interest based advertising programs from participating companies visit www.networkadvertising.org/choices, www.aboutads.info/choices, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. and/or https://adssettings.google.com/anonymous?hl=en
You can configure your mobile settings on iOS and Android devices to disable app tracking.
Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise will apply to interest-based advertising by the third parties you select, but will still allow the collection and use of data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests.
Depending on your device and its operating system, you may also be able to choose to prevent your device's ad identifier being used for interest-based advertising or reset your device's ad identifier by changing the settings of your device.
Your California Privacy Rights
We collect various types of personal information about you during the course of your relationship with us as a user and/or customer of our Site. Under California law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to us about how we have shared your information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, we are allowed to provide you with a notice describing the cost-free means to opt-out of our sharing your information with third parties with whom we do not share the same brand name, if the third party will use such information for its direct marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Site, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to [email protected] and include "CA Removal Request" in the subject line. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
If you would like to exercise your rights under California law, please send your written request to the email address or postal address below. Please include your postal address in your request. Within thirty (30) days of receiving your written request, we will provide you with a Third Party Direct Marketing Opt-Out Form so you may request that your personal information not be disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes:
If you are a resident of California, please also review our Privacy Notice for California Residents (our "CCPA Notice"). To the extent we collect and process any personal information, as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA"), that collection and processing is also governed by our CCPA Notice located at Your California Privacy Rights here.
Visitors From Outside of the United States
We are a United States company that utilizes service providers located in the United States and other countries. Therefore, when you use our Site, your information may be transferred to, stored and/or processed outside of the country in which you reside and may be maintained on servers and systems located within the United States or other countries. The data protection laws in the United States and those other countries might not be as strict as those in your country. By using our Site and/or submitting information to us, you specifically consent to the transfer of your information to the United States and those other countries and the facilities and servers utilized by us and those with whom we may share your information.
How We Protect Your Information
We believe in providing a safe and secure experience for all of our online visitors. To that end, we have implemented security measures to protect the information collected from you. We maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards designed to limit unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information, and to protect you against the criminal misuse of that information.
We use data encryption technology when transferring and receiving your sensitive personal information, such as credit card or financial account information. For example, in your transactions submitted by you through the Site, a solid key icon or a locked padlock icon at the lower portion of your web browser window confirms the website is secured through Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Pages requesting personal information should always have one of these icons. You can also confirm your data is being encrypted by looking at the URL line of your browser (the place where you type website addresses). When accessing a secure server, the site address will change from "http" to "https". We are also a VeriSign, Inc. certified company and our systems are tested and certified on a daily basis by "McAfee Secure" Security Scan.
While we use the foregoing security measures to protect your information, please note that no transmission of data over the Internet or any wireless network or stored and utilized for business purposes can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure that any information we receive, store or otherwise utilize is completely secure. You can reduce security risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services, and using up to date antivirus software.
How to Contact Us
Privacy Notice for California Residents
Effective Date: 5/22/23
Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA's scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA); or
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) or the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA).
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
SupplyHouse obtains the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Information that you provide when establishing an account with us;
- Information submitted or collected when you participate in our surveys, contests, promotions, content submissions, direct messaging and/or chats;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us, including email, voice and chat transcripts;
- Information when you report a problem with our Site;
- Details of transactions when you make a purchase from us;
- Information you may be required to provide regarding contact, billing, payment or other financial information when placing an order with us;
- Your search queries on our Site;
- Information provided to us from our advertising and analytics partners;
- Service providers, who help us maintain and provide our Site;
- Service providers, who help us provide advertising and track customer interactions on our Site and through advertisements; and
- Information that you provide when you communicate with any of our departments, such as customer service, sales or technical services through our Site, telephone, mail or fax. In addition, when you communicate by telephone, we may record audio of the conversations for quality control, training, security and analytics purposes.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- to present our Site and its contents to you;
- to improve your experience on our Site;
- to provide you with information, products or services and to communicate with you about information that you request;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts, terms and conditions and/or arrangements entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site;
- to receive statistical information about how our Site is being used;
- to provide you with customer service and to improve how we handle your customer service requests;
- to process your payments;
- to schedule and deliver, and provide you with updates regarding the shipment and delivery, of the merchandise you order;
- to allow you to create an account with us and to provide you with notices about your account;
- to notify you about changes to our Site, or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- to process and contact you regarding your employment applications;
- to provide you with special offers and discounts;
- to help us provide you with specific offers, to help us develop and improve our Site, and to tailor our Site and our ads to your interests, and for use in remarketing;
- to aid our data partners and advertising platforms in increasing the relevancy of our ads to you;
- generate personas, personal preferences, and market trends from algorithmic and language processing/analysis;
- to provide you with our newsletter;
- to allow you to participate in our TradeMaster Program;
- for the purpose of detecting and fixing bugs or errors with our Site;
- to help protect your information and prevent fraud;
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations;
- as described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA; and
- to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, stock sale, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our customers is among the assets transferred.
Sharing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. We share your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Credit card companies.
- Third Party Marketing Partners.
- Third Party Analytics Partners.
- Related Companies.
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Service providers.
- Credit card companies.
- Third Party Marketing Partners.
- Third Party Analytics Partners.
- Related Companies.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve (12) months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Sensitive Personal Information Request Rights: You have the right to request that we limit the use of your sensitive personal information to that use which is necessary to perform our services or provide you with our goods or as otherwise permitted by law. Currently, we only use your sensitive personal information for these purposes.
Exercising Your Rights: To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 888-757-4774.
- Submitting your request through
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format: We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to forty-five (45) days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the twelve (12) month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Non-Discrimination: We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
NOTICE OF FINANCIAL INCENTIVE
We offer our trade professional customers a TradeMaster Program (the "Program") that provides certain rewards and benefits, such as discounts on purchases, free shipping, and free returns. Trade professional customers can apply for the Program by logging into their Site account and accessing the Program application at https://www.supplyhouse.com/sh/control/apply-for-trademaster. When you apply for the Program, we ask you to provide various information about your company, such as: your company name, address, zip code, type, number of employees, license number, and information regarding your product preferences. Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to personal information. However, California law requires that we assign such value in the context of financial incentives, such as the Program. In such context, the value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the discounted or free products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the Program, less the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to you as a participant. The value may vary based on the amount you purchase as a member of the Program, the value of future offers that you receive, and the extent to which you use those offers on future purchases from us. For example, a $10.00 discount will vary in value depending on the product(s) purchased by you.
You may withdraw from participating in the Program at any time by contacting our customer service team by email at [email protected] or by telephone at 888-757-4774, Monday through Thursday during the hours of 8 am and 7:45 pm Eastern Time, Friday during the hours of 9:00 am and 7:45 pm Eastern Time, and Saturday and Sunday during the hours of 9 am and 5:45 pm Eastern Time.
We offer our customers the opportunity to sign up for special offers and promotions (collectively, the "Promotions"), such as discounts on purchases or free shipping. You can sign up for the Promotions on our website at Supplyhouse.com or via our mobile application. When you sign up for the Promotions, we ask you to provide your email address and/or mobile telephone number. Generally, we do not assign monetary or other value to personal information. However, California law requires that we assign such value in the context of financial incentives, such as the Promotions. In such context, the value of your personal information to us is related to the value of the discounted products or services, or other benefits that you obtain or that are provided as part of the Promotions, less the expense related to offering those products, services, and benefits to you as a participant. The value may vary based on the amount you purchase as a participant in the Promotions, the value of future offers that you receive, and the extent to which you use those offers on future purchases from us. For example, a $10.00 discount will vary in value depending on the product(s) purchased by you. You may opt out of future Promotions offered by email by clicking the unsubscribe link in the Promotions email that you receive from us. You may opt out of future Promotions offered by text message to your mobile telephone number by texting STOP to cancel.
Changes to This Notice
We reserve the right to amend this privacy notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make changes to this privacy notice, we will post the updated notice on our Site and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which SupplyHouse collects and uses your information described herein, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
- Phone 888-757-4774.
- Email: [email protected]