Direct vent (DS) water heaters utilize a co-axial (pipe inside a pipe) vent pipe that takes air in from the outside (outer vent) and vents combustion gases directly back to the outside (outer vent). It is the perfect choice for situations with insufficient combustion air. No electricity required.
- Flexible Vent Kit - The maximum vent length (horizontal and vertical) can be flexed
to 100" (horizontal termination only).
- Bradford White ICON System - Intelligent gas control with proven millivolt
powered technology and built-in piezo igniter. A standard, off the shelf thermopile
converts heat energy from the pilot flame into electrical energy to operate the gas
valve and microprocessor. No need for external electricity.
- Enhanced Performance - Proprietary algorithms provide enhanced First Hour
Delivery ratings and tighter temperature differentials.
- Advanced Temperature Control System - Microprocessor constantly monitors
and controls burner operation to maintain consistent and accurate water
- Intelligent Diagnostics - An exclusive green LED light prompts the installer
during start-up and provides ten different diagnostic codes to assist in
- Pilot On Indication - Flashing green LED provides positive indication that pilot is
- Separate Immersed Thermowell - High strength advanced polymer composite
thermowell provides isolation between electric temperature sensor and
surrounding water. No need to drain the tank when removing gas valve.
- Closed Combustion - All air for combustion is taken directly from the outside. The
co-axial vent pipe (pipe inside a pipe) draws combustion air in through the outer
pipe (6"), and exhausts the products of combustion through the inner pipe (4"). The
co-axial vent pipe at the top of the unit can be rotated for venting flexibility.
- Reinforced Seals - Seals surround the closed combustion chamber and the FVIR
inner door, preventing the ignition of Flammable Vapors outside of the water heater.
- Maintenance Free - The vent piping and the closed combustion chamber with
reinforced seals does not require regular cleaning under normal operating conditions.
- Sight Window - Offers a view into the combustion chamber to observe the
operation of the pilot and burner.
- Factory Installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System - Cold water inlet
sediment reducing device helps prevent sediment build up in tank. Increases first
hour delivery of hot water while minimizing temperature build up in tank.
- Vitraglas® Lining - Bradford White tanks are lined with a exclusively engineered
enamel formula that provides superior protection from the highly corrosive effects of
hot water. This formula (Vitraglas®) is fused to the steel surface by firing at a
temperature of over 1600ºF.
- Cast Aluminum Air Intake Boot - A cast molded air intake boot provides
exceptional installation durability.
- 1" Non-CFC Foam Insulation - Surrounds the tank surface, saving energy by
reducing the amount of heat loss.
- Water Connections - 3/4" NPT factory installed true dielectric fittings.
- Factory Installed Heat Traps.
- Protective Magnesium Anode Rod.
- T&P Relief Valve - Included.
- Brass Drain Valve - Tamper proof design.
Check product PDFs for more information on optional vent kits.
Heater is a propane gas (LP) model and features a titanium stainless steel propane burner