The Power Direct Vent model is the solution to installations that lack sufficient air for combustion and require installation flexibility. The Power Direct Vent water heater can vent vertically or horizontally and is also approved for unbalanced, direct-vent closed combustion applications.
Heater is a propane gas (LP) model and features a titanium stainless steel propane burner
- ENERGY STAR® Qualified - These models qualify for the January 1st, 2009
minimum ENERGY STAR® EF requirement, as well as most utility rebate
- Closed Combustion Venting System - Power Direct Vent models are ideal
for installations which lack sufficient are for combustion, such as new
construction homes or additions which are tightly insulated. These models
use a twin pipe system where combustion air is drawn from outside the
building in one pipe, and combustion products are expelled to the outside in
- Cast Aluminum Air Intake Boot - A cast molded air intake boot design
provides exceptional durability during installation and operation.
- Flammable Vapor Sensor - Electronic sensor prevents burner operation if
flammable vapors are detected. The sensor will also prevent burner operation
if there is an ongoing flammable vapor burn inside the combustion chamber.
- Factory Installed Hydrojet® Total Performance System - Cold water inlet
sediment reducing device helps prevent sediment build up in tank. Increases
first hour delivery of hot water while minimizing temperature build up in tank.
- Vitraglas® Lining - Bradford White tanks are lined with a exclusively
engineered enamel formula that provides superior protection from the highly
corrosive effects of hot water. This formula (Vitraglas®) is fused to the steel
surface by firing at a temperature of over 1600ºF.
- Electronic Gas Control - Integrated, immersion control offers precise
temperature control for higher First Hour Delivery ratings, easy temperature
adjustment and removal of gas valve without draining the tank. Also, an LED
display provides real time status indication for diagnostic codes and start-up
- Spark to Pilot Ignition System - Eliminates the constant burning pilot used
on other water heaters.
- Powerful Blower Motor - Our significantly quiet design has greater
resistance to outside winds and the power to vent in many difficult venting
- Optional Concentric Vent Kit Termination - 2" termination fitting provides
for only one exit opening through a wall or roof. (Subtract 10ft. for intake pipe
and 10ft. for exhaust pipe when calculating total vent length.)
- Horizontal and Vertical Venting - With 2" or 3" PVC, ABS, or CPVC. The
equivalent feet of intake venting cannot be greater than the equivalent feet of
- 1" Non-CFC Foam Insulation - Surrounds the tank surface, saving energy
by retarding loss of heat.
- Water Connections - 3/4" NPT factory installed true dielectric fittings extend
water heater life and makes installation easier.
- Factory Installed Heat Traps - Design incorporates a flexible disk that
reduces heat loss in piping and eliminates the potential for noise generation.
- Protective Magnesium Anode Rod - Provides added protection against
corrosion for long trouble-free service.
- T&P Relief Valve - Included.
- Brass Drain Valve - Tamper proof design.
- Design Certified by CSA International (formerly AGA and CGA).